- Do you have experience and possess a strong knowledge of financial products and services?
- Do you have strong phone, interpersonal and communication skills?
If you answered YES to the above questions, take your career to the next level at one of California's most innovative and growing Credit Unions!
Responsible for the delinquent loans and loans worked in-house assigned to our vendor to assure quality and timeliness of collection work. Responsible for recommending final resolution of these accounts.
Responsible for all delinquent loans over 60 days past due and communication between Credit Union and vendors
SMCU reflects the value placed on employees by providing the following impressive benefits in addition to competitive salary: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Long-Term Disability Insurances! 401(k) including generous matching contributions! Semi-annual bonuses for meeting key financial and operational goals! Discounts on financial products and services, including loans! Paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and much more!
San Mateo Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- 1-2 years or more experience collecting on a wide variety of consumer loan products (financial institution a plus)
- Repossession experience preferred
- Has a very good “working knowledge” of the Fair Debt Collection Act and other state laws as required.
- Must be able to understand and execute instructions accurately and efficiently;
- The ability to manage multiple tasks and meet established goals;
- Must demonstrate flexibility, tactfulness and persistence in the daily follow-up of loan repayment;
- Excellent telephonic and organizational skills;
- Able to handle a high volume of work;
- Neat and professional appearance.