The purpose is to provide the highest level of service, while collecting delinquent accounts in a professional manner.
- Abide by all State and Federal laws, and company policy.
- Call customers with past due accounts and negotiate payment arrangement by phone.
- Locate customers with delinquent accounts.
- Document all conversations with customers.
- Follow up on “broken promises” in a timely manner.
- Achieve or exceed accounts worked quota.
- Accept payments; take credit applications.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
Ability to endure long periods of sitting, standing and occasionally walking; lift and carry a maximum of 40 pounds; push and pull 100 pounds; climb, kneel, and reach on occasions. Use of ordinary conversation speech and hearing; field vision, color vision and acuity (far and near). Ability to operate a personal computer, printers, telephone, and other general office equipment; to communicate effectively in both written and oral forms; apply cognitive skills; work in a fast-paced environment. Ability to follow directions from a supervisor and carry out instructions. Ability to accept constructive criticism and interact effectively with coworkers. Ability to appear for work on time and to understand and follow posted rules and procedures.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Six months collections or telemarketing experience, retail preferred.
- Willingness to consent to, and satisfactory completion of pre-employment screenings including, but not limited to: Drug Test, Criminal Background & Department of Motor Vehicles screenings.