Duties and Responsibilities
COLLEGE CLERICAL ASSISTANT I (PART-TIME)
Truman College is one of the largest of the City Colleges of Chicago with an enrollment of 23,000 students offering credit classes toward an Associate Degree; adult education programs; English as a Second Language (ESL) curriculum; a General Education Development (GED) program toward the high school diploma equivalency; and occupational certificate programs and continuing education courses for professionals.
We are seeking a College Clerical Assistant I to work part-time in a student-facing role. Under supervision, this position performs a variety of routine clerical duties in our Disability Access Center.
- Prepares routine records, memos and forms; proofs completed assignments for errors and makes appropriate corrections; maintains office and student record files in alphabetical and/or numerical order.
- Receives and sorts incoming mail and distributes to appropriate personnel or office; answers telephones, takes messages and transfers calls; provides general information to students regarding registration, financial aid, departmental course offerings and campus policies and procedures.
- Collates materials such as exams, classroom handouts, faculty lists and handbooks, teacher program forms, narrative reports and general correspondence.
- Operates basic office equipment; prepares order requisitions for needed office supplies and materials; and may assist during student registration.
- Graduation from high school or the equivalent is required. Some clerical and word processing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of word processing software; and knowledge of basic office procedures.
- Ability to keyboard 40 words per minute; ability to follow oral and written instructions; and ability to operate a personal computer.
- Skill in basic filing; and good verbal communication skills.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in CCC!