Presbyterian Healthcare Services is a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system of nine hospitals, a statewide health plan and a growing multi-specialty medical group with more than 1,000 physicians and advanced practice clinicians. Founded in New Mexico in 1908, it is the states largest private employer with approximately 11,000 employees.
The Presbyterian Hybrid Emergency Department is seeking Board Certified or Board Eligible Emergency Medicine physicians. Family Medicine or Internal Medicine physicians with at least 3 years of Emergency Medicine experience in busy EDs will also be considered. This is a full-time position with our employed provider group, Presbyterian Medical Group. The Hybrid Emergency Departments are designed to provide urgently and lower acuity emergency care in a 14-bed facility with 24/7 operation. The Hybrid ED will have radiology including CT with 24/7 quick reads by radiologist, lab services and an agreement with our hospitals for any transfers. In addition, there will be a high level of support staff including scribes for the physician to assist with patient throughput and ease of practice.
The Hybrid ED is unique in that patients utilizing urgent care level of resources will only receive the UC level of billing while those utilizing ED level of resources would receive the ED level of billing.
- Brand new Hybrid Emergency Department facilities with 14 universal beds & generous amount of support staff.
- Expected work scheduled: 12x12 hour shifts/month
- Projected volume is 60-80 patients/day; 60% Urgent Care, 40% Emergency Care
- Support staff: Nursing, EMTs, Scribes, Radiology, Lab services, Registration, Administrative
- Nationally competitive salary with relocation allowance available
- Efficiency Bonus potential
- Bonus potential based on success of the HybridED
- Comprehensive benefits package
- CME allowance
- Fully paid malpractice insurance with tail
- Exceptional retirement plans - 403b retirement savings program with both matching program and employer contributions