Under general supervision, performselectrical, mechanical, and control functions for the maintenance, repair,inspection, testing, installation and removal of electrical circuits andequipment, electronic and pneumatic control systems at generating sites (excludingsteam plants). Follows all procedures and safety rules. Works alone and withother classifications as required in performance of duties.
- Performs all work in a safe manner. Complies with all applicable safety rules, regulations and procedures. Performs all work that they are qualified and trained to do in a manner to protect themselves, their fellow workers and the public from injury.
- Performance of all phases of electrical work associated with maintenance and repair of electric equipment.
- Performance of mechanical installations and maintenance duties.
- Installs and maintains electronic and pneumatic controls and control systems.
- Switches station equipment and circuits. Opens and closes disconnects and switches in accordance with established procedures and safety rules.
- Operates combustion generating units by local control.
- Performs storeroom duties including transporting, handling, receiving, and storage of equipment, material, and supplies.
- Performs building and ground maintenance including painting, cleaning, cutting weeds, and mowing.
- May initiate work requests.
- Maintains work areas in a neat, orderly and safe condition; cleans up after completion of work and properly disposes of debris.
- Leads, trains and instructs other employees in their work.
Must pass the EEI MASS test.
Employees must be able to performthe essential functions of the position, with or without an accommodation.
All qualified applicants willreceive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability orveteran status.
Job: Plant Positions
Primary Location: IA-Des Moines
Primary Schedule: Full time