Dear Prospective Applicant,
Have you ever wanted to learn more about sales? Do you love to solve problems? Do you have a drive to succeed? Do you want to have success ethically, with products that companies need and want?
Well, check out foodguys. We’ve recently been named the 2nd top workplace in the small business category in Oregon and Southwest Washington for 2020 by the Oregonian (see here) and have been around since 1991. We are currently adding tenacious Sales Trainees to our team. Prior to making a hiring decision we will be interviewing, conducting personality profiles, setting up job shadows, and checking references.
Some of our best sales people don't have a corporate or sales background. So if you are ready to be trained into something new, we are ready to talk to you.
***Please do not apply before you have had a chance to research us using the links below.***
To be considered for this position, you must:
- Not be afraid of calling people and having difficult conversations; internet and email is fine, but money is made over the phone so smile‘n dial!
- Have a strong work ethic in everything you do, like Jesse Itzler says, "How I do anything is how I do everything."
- Be able to make decisions with limited information; know the difference of when to rely on your gut, and when to get assistance from your manager.
- Be willing to set new goals once you reach your goals, in other-words be willing to continually improve. As they say, "I did not come this far to only come this far!".
- Have an education, college, military, or hard knocks, it doesn’t matter; but you must be self-actualized, and know that you are perpetually a student, even when you are the master.
- Be coach-able, this is a cultural phenomenon here at foodguys, we like to see individuals seek coaching from their managers when they realize something isn't working for them.
So what will you be doing?
- Catching a lot of “fish” and chasing and catching a few “white whales”.
- Making about 50 calls a day to potential clients, as well as vendors to source ingredients.
- Reporting metrics on Fridays, and setting sales goals each Monday.
- Adding to the collective knowledge of food that we have here in the office. (Seriously, it’s the largest industry in the world, we pride ourselves on knowing food trends before Dr. Oz talks about them on daytime TV.)
- And finally, documenting everything into our systems.
What is the potential?
- Salary plus commission and bonuses, with yearly trips for people hitting the sales targets (Mexico, Florida Keys, Hawaii etc..)
- Build your own book of business with unlimited income potential
- International and domestic travel opportunities to food expos (France, Germany, Anaheim, Vegas, etc.)
As a Trainee, you will receive a base salary of $60,000/year, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, vision, dental, disability insurance, life and AD&D insurance, 401k with matching, chance to attend an annual incentive trip of a lifetime!
What is the next step?
If you aren't afraid of the risk that comes with being all in on something, we want to hear from you!
Please submit your resume, cover letter and answer the questions attached to this ad.
Pease note that this position will work remote as long as our OR office is closed due to COVID-19.
*****The final steps in our hiring process are a drug screening and background check*****