Req ID: 143457
Address: 825 Hoffies Dr Sidney, NE, 69162
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION: Night Auditors’ are key in ensuring a profitable and well operated business. The Night Auditor will conduct all nightly audit-related duties while maintaining and promoting excellence in hospitality and customer service at all times; welcoming and serving guests in a courteous, efficient and friendly manner, both face-to-face and on the phone.
JOB SUMMARY: Audit responsibilities include nightly balancing duties, daily paperwork, and shift reports. While completing these duties, the Night Auditor will attend to guest needs such as guest check-in/check-outs, reservations, and attending to guest questions and needs.
- Greet customers as you see them, speak politely, and assist customers
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of hotel information including, but not limited to, room categories, room rates, packages, promotions, the local area and other general product knowledge and answer guest questions and inquiries.
- Input and retrieve information from the computer including but not limited to: confirmation of guest information, room rate, selection of rooms, coding electronic keys, and invoicing and billing of room rates and additional charges, processing debit and credit cards, accepting and recording various forms of payment, converting foreign currency, and processing gift certificates and cards.
- Assist guests with check-out including, but not limited to, ensuring rooms are serviced are correctly accounted and ready for next guest to check-in.
- Operate a cash register and maintain an accurate and organized drawer.
- Respond to guest inquiries and requests and resolve issues in a timely, friendly and efficient manner.
- Field guest complaints, conduct research and resolve and negotiate solutions for guest satisfaction, as needed.
- Receive, input, retrieve and relay messages to guests, as needed.
- Perform nightly balancing of in-room video and long-distance telephone services.
- Perform nightly backup of server.
- Perform express checkout folios.
- Perform room key inventory.
- Communicate all pertinent shift information to the Front Desk Supervisor, the General Manager, and desk staff.
- Maintain a safe facility and use safety first practices to remain accident-free.
- Other duties as assigned by your manager.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Prior customer service, cash handling, and office accounting or auditing experience preferred
BACKGROUND CHECKS: All offers of employment may be conditioned on receipt of a background check report and/or drug screen that is acceptable to Love’s.
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Hard Skills: Ability to learn and operate a casher register; Ability to learn and perform basic office/clerical tasks
- Soft Skills: Good verbal and written communication skills, time management skills, organization skills, can-do attitude, sense of urgency, and strong work ethic.
- Typical Physical Demands:
- Regularly required to talk and hear.
- Requires standing and walking, with some bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing.
- Occasional light lifting not over 50lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee will primarily be working within an office environment working directly with the public face-to-face and over the phone. Occasionally, the employee may be exposed to high-concentrated cleaning solutions, dust, dirt, or grime. The noise level in the work environment will be at a low level.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: No travel is expected for this position.
Job Function(s): Hospitality
Love’s Travel Stops & Country Stores is the industry-leading travel stop network in the United States. For more than 55 years, we’ve provided customers with highway hospitality and “Clean Places, Friendly Faces.” We’re passionate about serving drivers with clean, modern facilities stocked with fuel, food and supplies. We offer meals from popular restaurant chains, trucking supplies, showers and everything needed to get back on the road quickly. The Love’s Family of Companies includes:
- Gemini Motor Transport, one of the industry’s safest trucking fleets
- Speedco, the light mechanical and trucking service specialists
- Musket, a rapidly growing, Houston-based commodities supplier and trader
- Trillium, a Houston-based alternative fuels expert