Clarivate™ is a global leader in providing trusted information and insights to accelerate the pace of innovation. We offer subscription and technology-based solutions coupled with deep domain expertise that cover the entire lifecycle of innovation – from foundational research and ideas to protection and commercialization.
Today, we’re setting a trail-blazing course to help customers turn bold ideas into life-changing inventions. Our portfolio consists of some of the world’s most trusted information brands, including the Web of Science™, Cortellis™, Derwent™, CompuMark™, MarkMonitor™ and Techstreet™.
We employ 5,500 colleagues in more than 40 countries.
Clarivate is a public company. We are listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker NYSE:CCC.
At Clarivate, we believe human ingenuity can transform the world and improve our future. That’s why we harness our global reach, curate our content, and invest in best-in-class technology and people.
Join the team that is improving the way the world creates, protects, and advances innovation.
Commercial Account Executive – Derwent
The role of the Commercial Account Executive is to uncover new business opportunities to achieve the desired new business targets. This role will be in the Chandler, AZ office, and report to the Commercial Sales Manager for Derwent. This is a great opportunity for an energetic new business hunter to effectively manage opportunities through the entire patent workflow sales cycle for the Derwent business.
- Pursue new business opportunities through a variety of strategic prospecting in the assigned territory.
- Use custom analytics, CRM data, and predictive marketing data in order to sell to new potential customers.
- Forecast accurately to your direct manager with constant communication throughout each month.
- Work efficiently with customers and leads to ensure you are following Clarivate’s sales cycle that includes a defined process in Salesforce.
- Be constantly learning and improving your understanding of the relevant set of Clarivate products that are sold to the user base and uncover cross-sell opportunities.
- Ensure you have a strong understanding of competitor products and services and how we can successfully position ourselves against them.
- Actively participate in team meetings and events and share your customer, product, and sales knowledge with the wider team.
- Maintain adequate telephone and virtual meeting volumes as defined by Sales Management.
- Responsible for creating and updating account profiles, providing quotes, and booking deals in Salesforce.com.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- A self-starter who is not afraid of taking the initiative and generating their own ideas on how to find
and grow new business
- Persistent and motivated to overachieve against a target
- Excellent sales and presentation skills
- Great organization and time management skills
- General knowledge and understanding of utilizing SFDC
- The ability to work well within a team environment
- Desire to grow in your career and work in a fast pace environment
- 4-year undergraduate college degree or relevant work experience including 2 years of sales experience
- Previous experience in Information Technology and Services, Legal Services, and Intellectual Property field would be a bonus
- Positive & friendly attitude
- Enthusiastic, energetic, and competitive self-starter
- Ability to work independently and contribute in a team environment
- Proficiency in WebEx, LinkedIn, Microsoft Teams, Salesforce.com, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel applications is preferred
It is the policy of Clarivate to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Clarivate will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.