Looking for a Commercial Analyst to join our Boston team located at 265 Franklin Street, Boston, MA
Be a part of the Orion Health success story!
We are an adventurous New Zealand based software company with a global reach, and a growing US presence; we have staff, offices and customers all over the world. Our award winning healthcare IT solutions are utilized by leading health organizations. Using the latest technologies to develop health software for “precision medicine”, we make a positive difference in people's lives.
About the role
The Commercial Analyst plays an important role in the commercial operation of Orion Health’s North American region. Reporting directly to the Senior Vice President, Commercial NA, this role supports the business with timely and accurate information. The individual in this role is expected to have a large degree of autonomy/decision-making, so will need to be both reactive (to specific requests/queries/reporting deadlines) and proactive (identifying areas where opportunities may exist and efficiencies can be made).
The Commercial Analyst will work closely with a variety of functions across Orion Health, including Sales, Account Management, Commercial, Finance and Professional Services, to ensure the efficient and effective operation of business processes in North America. The primary responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare and file the monthly US sales and use tax returns. This will include corresponding with tax authorities, coordinating sales/use tax audits, maintaining records, filing annual reports, and performing related business functions.
- Ensure that Sales taxes are administered correctly for each US State within which Orion Health does business
- Collect customer information in a timely manner to ensure sales tax is charged or exemption certificates sourced.
- Address any ad hoc US tax queries/issues as they arise
- Lead, develop, and improve invoicing and accounts receivable administration for North America.
- Process new customer contracts and set-up of those contracts in the NetSuite ERP
- Assist with budgeting and forecasting process for the American and Canadian Business units.
- Support the North American leadership team with frequent ad hoc req
Adhere to confidentiality and ethical standards
Detail oriented; high level of accuracy in work product
Strong time management and communication skills
Solid technical proficiency and general math skills
Skilled in art of tact and diplomacy; comfortable interacting with senior leaders in the business
Adaptable, flexible; good sense of humor
Applies critical thinking skills in problem solving
Forward thinking, careful preparation, adhering to procedures, using specific business tools supplied, and prioritizing
Stays current on US sales & tax specific regulations regarding tax & reporting requirements, etc.
2+ years accounting and/or analyst experience
Working knowledge of state and local sales/use tax required
Strong proficiency in Excel and database management
Working experience with NetSuite strongly preferred
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finances or Economics;however, this could be offset by candidates with a strong commercial background and/or relevant experience.
If this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear from you!
In return Orion Health offers:
We recruit quality and retain talent! In addition to a structured onboarding program and professional development opportunities, we offer a competitive benefits package, including:
- Competitive salary and incentive packages
- 20 days of annual vacation leave; 5 days of annual sick leave
- 90% Medical, Dental & Vision Premium paid by Orion Health
- 401k program; life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability paid for by the company
- Flexible, social and professional company culture
- Learning and Career growth prospects
Note: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor visas or consider contract resources at this time.
Background checks will be required an offer of employment.
Reasonable accommodations will be made upon request to assist those candidates with disabilities during the interview process.
ORION HEALTH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, veteran or disability status, sexual preference or national originor any other basis protected by applicable law.
annual bonus program