At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
About the Role
We are seeking an entrepreneurial and driven transactional attorney to play a primary role in the company’s commercial efforts. Reporting to the Director, Commercial Attorney, this attorney will support 10x Genomics’ commercial and business development teams. The individual must thrive in a high-volume, fast-paced, high-performing and collaborative environment.
This position is based in Pleasanton, CA and is not eligible for relocation.
What you will be doing:
- Prepare, negotiate and administer standard company contracts, including supply and services agreements, commercial and scientific collaboration agreements, material transfer agreements, and license agreements
- Help manage contract workflow process
- Advise internal commercial and business development team regarding complex business and contract issues such as contract interpretation, dispute resolution, IP ownership and other legal risks
- Negotiate with sophisticated counter-parties, such as universities, research institutions, pharma, and biotechnology companies
- Assist with the development and implementation of company-wide policies and procedures
- Provide high level of customer satisfaction both internally and externally
- Work closely with the existing corporate legal team to support other projects as needed
To be successful, you will need:
- JD degree and admitted to practice (preferably in California)
- BA or BS in life sciences or related field
- At least 3 years in a law firm and/or in-house advising on, drafting and negotiating agreements, including significant experience with transactions in the biotechnology industry
- Solid understanding of contracting in life science companies, including R&D and commercial contracts
- Able to serve as a strong business partner who can integrate legal advice with business acumen and sound judgment
- Able to provide rapid and pragmatic solutions in urgent and demanding situations
- Able to think creatively, work independently, find solutions and think strategically
- Excellent writing, communication, organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to educate and support colleagues and clients
- Self-directed and proactive, comfortable executing on multiple projects independently and in collaboration with others
- Detail-oriented with a commitment to accuracy
It would be fantastic if you already had:
- Master’s or PhD preferred
- Experience with software licenses and service agreements preferred
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.