Commercial Banking leads the way in supporting businesses with annual revenues between $20 million and $2 billion as they achieve and sustain their competitive edge. Whether an organization conducts business across town or across borders, we are committed to transforming its banking experience, regardless of industry. With customizable credit and financing, treasury solutions, international banking and real estate services that scale to growing businesses, we ensure we are bringing the best services and expertise to every aspect of our clients’ financial needs.
Middle Market Banking & Specialized Industries
Middle Market Banking & Specialized Industries (MMBSI) is a Commercial Banking business located in 117 offices across the US and Canada. MMBSI provides credit, cash management, capital markets and corporate finance advisory solutions to corporations, municipalities and not-for-profit entities via our Core Banking and Specialized Industries teams. Core Banking teams generally focus on clients with annual revenues of $20 million to $500 million. Our local delivery model, coupled with the firm’s global resources, allows us to provide clients with customized, comprehensive solutions and exceptional service. Within our Specialized Industries practice, we have experts strategically focused on serving businesses within a variety of industry segments, including, but not limited to Agribusiness, Government, Healthcare and Technology. By employing our industry expertise, we can deliver comprehensive financial solutions that are tailored to industry dynamics and standards. In MMBSI, our competitive advantages include robust international capabilities, the ability to provide clients with access to world-class investment banking solutions and our focus on industry specialization. These key differentiators, combined with our dedication to personalized service, allows us to build long-term relationships with mid-sized businesses and a wide spectrum of municipalities and not-for-profit entities.
Multinational Corporations (MNC)is a national specialty group within Middle Market Specialized Industries in Commercial Banking, and covers the US subsidiaries of companies headquartered outside the US. The sales range for the US subsidiaries we bank is typically from $50 million to $500 million, but can range from $20 million to over $2 billion. Our local delivery model, coupled with the firm’s global resources, allows us to provide clients with customized, comprehensive solutions and exceptional service.
The MNC team is seeking a banker to be based in Los Angeles to assist in developing commercial banking relationships with foreign-owned businesses. This position will report to the head of the West Region Head of MNC.
- Develop a portfolio of clients; Banker will not inherit a portfolio
- Identify and contact qualified prospects, cultivate referral sources and maintain an active calling schedule
- Lead the client relationship team by coordinating coverage and sharing information with colleagues both in the Commercial Bank and in our overseas locations
- Analyze complex financial information, and synthesize the information to identify opportunities and structure proposals
- Provide high quality, tailored presentations and pitches to clients and prospects in partnership with various product groups to deliver the full product set of the firm
- Structure and execute transactions
- Bachelor’s Degree required, with emphasis in finance or accounting preferred
- Successful completion of a formal bank credit training program preferred
- Solid accounting and financial statement understanding
- Three plus years of calling and lending experience in banking or financial services
- Proficiency in building and maintaining positive client relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong creative solution and problem solving skills
- Strong teamwork skills
- International background, such as proficiency with a key language, experience handling relationships with multinational companies, or work or study experience overseas, is preferred
J.P Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V.