JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of over $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Commercial Banking (CB) delivers extensive industry knowledge, local expertise and seamless global capabilities to clients—including corporations, municipalities, financial institutions, real estate investors and owners, and not-for-profit organizations—with annual revenue generally ranging from $20 million to $2 billion. We offer a comprehensive set of financial products and services including credit, asset-based lending, real estate finance and treasury. We also provide clients with access to investment banking and asset management services.
Middle Market Banking & Specialized Industries (MMBSI) is a Commercial Banking business located in approximately 100 offices across the US and Canada. MMBSI provides credit, cash management, capital markets and corporate finance advisory solutions to corporations, municipalities and not-for-profit entities via our Core Banking or Specialized Industries teams.
The MMBSI Business Management team is responsible for the development, organization and execution of strategic and tactical initiatives to grow and manage the business. Partnering closely with senior leaders and cross functional teams within MMBSI and across CB, the team helps drive key initiatives, continuous process improvement throughout all aspects of the business and ensures that MMBSI’s complex and evolving business runs smoothly. MMBSI Business Management is part of the broader CB Business Management function within CB Finance.
As part of the MMBSI Business Management team, the Business Management Associate will play a key role in MMBSI’s growth agenda by leading regional key project and initiatives as well as managing certain ongoing business needs. The role offers a high level of visibility in MMBSI business strategy. This role will report to the MMBSI Healthcare, Higher Educations, Not-for-Profit Industry Sr. Business Manager and will work closely with the MMBSI banking organization. He/she will provide crucial support to the MMBSI Industry Managers to help them drive business results. This role represents an excellent opportunity for candidates to:
- Gain level of visibility into MMBSI and CB Business Management
- Be exposed to an influence the agendas of the regional leadership team
- Advance to other roles in the MMBSI, CB, Global Finance or elsewhere in the organization.
- Support and partner with Industry Managers (IM) via tactical and strategic assistance to help drive their business and ensure that the sales team is well-informed, prepared and motivated
- Support the IMs with key business management functions including project management, analysis of sales/management reporting and ad-hoc requests
- Support business management team to develop, implement and execute key analysis and reporting to be leveraged by all levels within MMBSI, as well as senior management in CB and senior partners across the firm
- Provide client and prospect portfolio verification and oversight including the initiation of data quality, client and prospect transfers and banker reassignment requests
- Act as an extension between business management and business groups by working on joint projects and managing communication between teams
- Proactively provide support to the sales team as it pertains to CKC and Scorecard questions including researching issues
- Identify areas for continued process improvement and enhance efficiencies by generating innovative ideas and solutions
- Prepare presentation materials to be shared with management, business groups and other relevant stakeholders.
Key Skills Required:
- Execution and project management skills – Well-developed organizational skills to manage multiple projects and priorities. Able to quickly and effectively respond to rapidly changing business needs and urgent requests. Scope projects and create workable project plans. Must be self-directed with the ability to explore innovative ways to perform tasks in an efficient and timely manner. Must be proactive, high energy, detail and results-oriented, and willing to drive change. Strong organizational, time management and follow-up skills; flexibility, ability to prioritize requests and multi-task
- Communications skills – Must possess strong verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to synthesize “the story” for executive-level audiences and adjust messages and style based on different audiences and agendas
- Problem solving skills – Strong problem solving and analytical capabilities coupled with the ability to identify issues, gather and manipulate data, obtain consensus and implement change. Able to outline work process in a thoughtful and detailed manner. Intellectually curious with a genuine interest in knowledge gathering and problem solving
- Technical and analytical skills – Able to produce accurate, error-free analysis. Understand business drivers and ensure that the team’s analyses are sound. Capable of synthesizing large amounts of data in Excel and from internal systems to develop strategic conclusions
- Leadership and interpersonal skills – Strong professional presence with the ability to communicate directly with RM and IM and bankers as a local representative of business management.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience
- Investment/Commercial banking or management consulting experience is ideal
- Business management and/or project management experience preferred
- Expertise in Excel and Word; proficiency in PowerPoint (PitchPro); knowledge of SharePoint is a plus
- Familiarity with internal JPMC systems (e.g. Client Central, CKC) is a plus
- BA/BS degree is strongly encouraged.