Commercial Bank - Middle Market Banking & Specialized Industries
Full-Time Analyst Program
Start your career working alongside our seasoned professionals, building long-term relationships and providing clients with access to our world-class banking solutions.
Who we are
Middle Market Banking & Specialized Industries (MMBSI) is a Commercial Banking business located in 117 offices across the US and Canada. MMBSI provides credit, cash management, capital markets and corporate finance advisory solutions to corporations, municipalities and not-for-profit entities via our Core Banking and Specialized Industries teams. Core Banking teams generally focus on clients with annual revenues of $20 million to $500 million. Our local delivery model, coupled with the firm’s global resources, allows us to provide clients with customized, comprehensive solutions and exceptional service. Within our Specialized Industries practice, we have experts strategically focused on serving businesses within a variety of industry segments, including, but not limited to Agribusiness, Government, Healthcare and Technology. By employing our industry expertise, we can deliver comprehensive financial solutions that are tailored to industry dynamics and standards. In MMBSI, our competitive advantages include robust international capabilities, the ability to provide clients with access to world-class investment banking solutions and our focus on industry specialization. These key differentiators, combined with our dedication to personalized service, allows us to build long-term relationships with mid-sized businesses and a wide spectrum of municipalities and not-for-profit entities.
How we’re organized
MMBSI is organized into 5 regional groups (Northeast, Midwest, South, Southeast and West) and a variety of industry segments, including, but not limited to, Agribusiness, Life Sciences, Government, Healthcare, Higher Education, Not-for-profit and Technology.
Full-time Analysts supporting our regional groups will work with MMBSI Bankers and Product Partners (including Credit, Asset-Based Lending, Treasury Services and International Banking) who cover a variety of industries to provide a range of financing solutions and strategic advisory.
Full-Time Analysts supporting our industry groups will work with MMBSI Bankers and Product Partners (Credit, Asset-Based Lending, Treasury Services and Investment Banking coverage) to provide industry-specific expertise, solutions and advisory.
What you can expect
Our Full-Time Analyst Program will provide you with an introduction to client management, credit structuring and product sales over the course of the program to ultimately position yourself to have a successful and rewarding career in Commercial Banking.
You’ll begin with an intensive training program where you will learn about our products and services, clients and business practices. Under the leadership of our lending and training professionals, you will gain in-depth knowledge of accounting, commercial banking, underwriting, financial statement analysis, cash flow analysis and credit structuring. The program uses a full range of teaching methods such as lectures, team exercises, exams and case studies.
After completing the initial training program, you will begin your first role in one of the following areas, where you will continue to receive periodic training and gain hands-on experience, working alongside senior professionals to support our clients.
- Banking – You’ll work with relationship bankers to identify, develop and market solutions for corporates, municipalities and not-for-profit entities and build client management skills
- Credit Markets – You’ll gain firsthand knowledge of and exposure to product sales and work with product specialists to bring customized, comprehensive solutions to clients and prospects. Credit Market sub-groups include: Asset Based Lending, Equipment Finance, Employee Stock Ownership Plan Advisory Group and Syndicated Finance
- Treasury Services – You’ll work with Treasury Services executives to market and deliver cash management, trade, liquidity and commercial card solutions to our corporate clients
- International Banking – You’ll support local and overseas colleagues to help clients establish and manage their international operations by identifying the products and services that best meet their needs
- Risk – You’ll works alongside seasoned risk officers to analyze client performance and capital structure. You will assist in assessing the risks in our client portfolio, managing the portfolio (i.e. annual renewals, modifications, managing the credit metrics), and meeting deadlines associated with financing requests
Analysts in MMBSI are placed in strategic markets throughout the country. Over the course of the program, analysts will reside in one office in roles that support the broader segment. Upon successful completion of the program, analysts will be eligible for associate level positions in Commercial Banking across the country.
We are looking for candidates who have an interest in corporate banking and enjoy working with people, building relationships and providing the best customer experience.
To be considered for this role, you may be required to complete a video interview powered by HireVue.