Commercial Banking leads the way in supporting businesses with annual revenues between $20 million and $2 billion as they achieve and sustain their competitive edge. Whether an organization conducts business across town or across borders, we are committed to transforming its banking experience, regardless of industry. With customizable credit and financing, treasury solutions, international banking and real estate services that scale to growing businesses, we ensure we are bringing the best services and expertise to every aspect of our clients’ financial needs.
Middle Market Banking & Specialized Industries
Middle Market Banking & Specialized Industries (MMBSI) is a Commercial Banking business located in 117 offices across the US and Canada. MMBSI provides credit, cash management, capital markets and corporate finance advisory solutions to corporations, municipalities and not-for-profit entities via our Core Banking and Specialized Industries teams. Core Banking teams generally focus on clients with annual revenues of $20 million to $500 million. Our local delivery model, coupled with the firm’s global resources, allows us to provide clients with customized, comprehensive solutions and exceptional service. Within our Specialized Industries practice, we have experts strategically focused on serving businesses within a variety of industry segments, including, but not limited to Agribusiness, Government, Healthcare and Technology. By employing our industry expertise, we can deliver comprehensive financial solutions that are tailored to industry dynamics and standards. In MMBSI, our competitive advantages include robust international capabilities, the ability to provide clients with access to world-class investment banking solutions and our focus on industry specialization. These key differentiators, combined with our dedication to personalized service, allows us to build long-term relationships with mid-sized businesses and a wide spectrum of municipalities and not-for-profit entities.
This role is the focal point of client acquisition and ongoing relationships; Bankers work both independently and as part of a team to introduce our comprehensive solutions to clients. As a Banker, you are responsible for growing and retaining profitable relationships within the MMBSI target space. Our Bankers are required to have deep working knowledge of our solutions including, but not limited to: Credit, Treasury Services, International Banking, Syndicated Finance, Commercial Card and Chase Paymentech Solutions. Our strongest Bankers have a methodical approach to the market activity and prospecting. MMBSI delivers locally and therefore our ideal candidate has deep local connections and market knowledge. As well as possess the following attributes:
• Champion a culture of innovation and a customer centric mindset
• Stay up to date with industry trends to identify opportunities for innovation or strategic partnerships
• Find ways to drive efficiency with existing technical infrastructure through automation while embracing the innovative opportunities offered by new technologies
• Typically a minimum of ten years direct lending or credit support related experience with a focus on business relationships
• Bachelor’s degree required; Formal credit training preferred
• Understanding of Commercial Banking products and services
• Ability to mobilize internal networks and resources
• Demonstrated experience of meeting or exceeding sales goals
• Strong technology experience; digital background preferred
• Sales management and business development skills
• Proficiency in building and maintaining positive client relationships
• Strong creative solution and problem solving abilities
• Excellent business judgment and strategic thinking
• Excellent organizational skill and the ability to manage, prioritize, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills, in particular, being able to effectively communicate clearly and concisely
• Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, with the ability to establish credibility and strong partnership with senior business and control partners
• Self-directed, proactive, and creative: uses sound judgment and navigates ambiguity to get things done.
• Ability to work independently and take ownership of assignments
• Flexible to changing business priorities and ability to multitask