Our Firmwide Risk function is focused on cultivating a stronger, unified culture that embraces a sense of personal accountability for developing the highest corporate standards in governance and controls across the firm. Business priorities are built around the need to strengthen and guard the firm from the many risks we face, financial rigor, risk discipline, fostering a transparent culture and doing the right thing in every situation. We are equally focused on nurturing talent, respecting the diverse experiences that our team of Risk professionals bring and embracing an inclusive environment.
The position is for a contributing member of the deal team who will assist in the management of a portfolio of commercial real estate credits/relationships in a fast-paced, regulated environment. Candidates should have sound knowledge of commercial real estate finance/lending with the expectation of developing these skills further while in this role. Strong analytical and business writing skills are necessary. Candidates should be able to manage certain transactions with little guidance and contribute to more complex transactions with guidance from senior staff. The role will have some customer contact so candidates should have solid communication skills.
- Performing necessary credit analysis and due diligence on real estate transactions.
- Working with Credit Bankers to size and structure loans to mitigate risks and liabilities
- Preparing Investment Committee Memorandums, Credit Approval Packages and Risk Rating recommendations
- Working with loan administration to facilitate loan closings
- Implementing credit and regulatory policies and conducting periodic credit review.
- Monitoring loan and portfolio performance post-closing; including covenant compliance, risk ratings and compliance with rules, regulations and policies
- Communicating with clients on loan deliverables
- Periodically presenting proposed transactions to senior management
- 2 - 4+ years of commercial real estate banking/lending experience
- Significant accounting and finance knowledge, as well as knowledge of real estate fundamentals and concepts
- Strong analytical and business writing skills
- Good interpersonal skills with internal partners, counsel, clients and senior management.
- Strong with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Experience with cash flow modeling and financial statement analysis
- Knowledge of JPMC or similar bank policies and procedures preferred
- Completion of a major corporate banking credit training program (or the equivalent corporate banking/corporate finance experience)
- BA/BBA required; MBA a plus
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.