Commercial Banking Associate - (20000185)
Banc of California, Inc. (NYSE: BANC) is a bank holding company with approximately $8 billion in assets and one wholly-owned banking subsidiary, Banc of California, N.A. (the “Bank”). With our 600+ dedicated professionals, we provide customized and innovative banking and lending solutions to businesses, entrepreneurs and individuals throughout California. We proudly partner with community organizations that provide financial literacy, job training, small business support, and affordable housing to help improve the communities where we live and work. With a commitment to service and building enduring relationships, we provide a higher standard of banking.
Responsible for assisting the Commercial Banking Market Manager with management of the Commercial Bank Portfolio. Provides accurate, timely and extensive information for all client inquiries and requests, ensuring retention of profitable clients. Works with various internal operational business units to facilitate timely financial reporting, accurate documentation and payment delinquencies resolutions. Suggests appropriate action to track and prevent future problems. Participates in initial financial analysis and credit presentations to Credit Administration. Performs all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Applies existing guidelines and procedures when proposing solutions within the department.
- Uses sound judgment and experience to work through potentially complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of banking services and implementation processes.
- Assists with loan portfolio, maintenance, including: tickler system management; past-due collections; financial reporting collection, organization, and analysis; covenant compliance testing;
- Performs credit and financial statement analysis, including spreading, projection modeling, and underwriting work.
- Performs reviews of potentially complex legal entity documentation, and facilitates due diligence and BSA documentation.
- Works in tandem with the Market Manager to review and participate in negotiation of potentially complex legal documentation with outside counsel and specialists within the Bank.
- Engages with centralized communication systems (data rooms) related to syndicated and/or sponsored banking relationships.
- Works with loan coordinator and loan closing team to facilitate seamless loan closing experience for client.
- Works with deposit and treasury management operations teams to ensure positive client experience.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Follows policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and on time; supports the company’s goals and values.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
- Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or safety to themselves or others and will be expected to report potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are applicable to one’s own actions and conduct.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
Banc of California is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), denial of Family and Medical Care Leave, disability (mental and physical) including HIV and AIDS, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, national origin (including language use restrictions), race, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position including but not limited to the following: Regulation Z (Truth in Lending Act), Regulation B (Equal Credit Opportunity Act), Fair Housing Act (FHA), Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA), Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) in conjunction with the USA PATRIOT Act, Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Customer Information Program (CIP), Right to Financial Privacy Act (RFPA, state and federal) and Community Reinvestment Act (CRA).
- Intermediate knowledge of bank products and services including Bank Secrecy Act compliance.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Intermediate typing skills to meet production needs of the position.
- Superior financial math skills; financial ratios, interest and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of graphs.
- Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence, and speak clearly to customers and employees.
- Ability to work with general supervision while performing duties.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR LICENSES:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or University and 5 years of related work experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior experience in the banking and/or financial services industry required.
Primary Location: United States-CALIFORNIA-LOS ANGELES
350 S FIGUEROA STREET SUITE 140S
Organization: Commercial Banking
Job Posting: Oct 16, 2020, 4:35:36 PM