We do the right things, right now. We do them in a way that is relevant to our clients. Become a part of our history as it continues to be written!
If you are interested and qualified for this role, we invite you to apply.
The Commercial Collateral Analyst is responsible for oversight, examination and interpretation of all First Financial Bank loans secured with all business assets and having a borrowing base certificate requirement. This individual has the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. This individual is responsible for the coordination of Business Capital loan documentation and to perform the collateral evaluation of Business Capital loans and Commercial Loans secured with all business assets. The individual is responsible for communicating and leading discussions around relevant analysis findings with the Director of Business Capital, Credit Officers, Relationship Managers and Clients. The monitoring functions include application of borrowing bases and advances to the Asset Based Lending system, calculation of ineligible collateral from accounts receivable aging reports, identification, analysis and interpretation of collateral changes/trends, review and if necessary balance cash collateral accounts, loan balancing, update of advance rates and other loan information, and calculation of interest and fees according to loan documentation. Additionally, individual is responsible for ensuring accuracy and integrity of supporting documentation from the client. This individual must have financial, accounting and credit knowledge, experience with Loan Agreements & supporting Borrowing Base documentation, a commitment to defined processes, excellent time management, verbal and written professional communication and listening skills, be self-motivated and a team player. This role requires independent thinking and decision making with minimal supervision. Direct others to modify line freeze (HOLD) amounts on Revolving Line of Credit loans, (RLOCs) based on his or her independent discretion through judgment of financial reporting analysis. Has authority and sole discretion to determine freeze amounts based on his or her judgment through independent analysis.
This role will be performing, however, not limited to, collateral valuation analysis for loans secured by accounts receivable, inventory, machinery and equipment, real estate and other assets in order to ensure borrowers are not over-advanced in comparison to collateral value. 60% of time
Specific activities include:
- Accounts Receivable and Inventory reconciliation to collateral coverage, analysis, concentration & trends.
- Tracking Accounts Receivable and Payable trends and changes on a monthly basis.
- Inventory analysis (mix, location, turnover, seasonality, valuation analysis, etc).
- Work with the RM to address any questions or material trends related to a borrower's collateral.
- Provide interpretation of analysis; interact with appropriate lending authority to research and solve reconciliation concerns that may arise.
- Prepare collateral support information and client trend reports (through data available in asset based lending/collateral system) in order to provide management with information about overall portfolio performance and provide the lending authority with information to make sound credit recommendations on their accounts.
- Direct others to modify line freeze (HOLD) amounts on Business Capital Revolving Line of Credit loans, (RLOCs) based on his or her independent discretion through judgment of financial reporting analysis.
- Has authority and sole discretion to determine freeze amounts based on his or her judgment through independent analysis.
- Provide independent analysis of aforementioned vendor reports, followed by direction to others on how to resolve any of his/her concerns.
- Independently Order and engage 3rd party vendors for Field Exams, providing direction, identifying scope, timeline and fees.
The analyst will review and reconcile the client's borrowing base certificate to the supporting documentation to ensure it is forthright in comparison to borrower’s prior submissions, complies with the approval requirements, policy, regulatory, and underwriting standards.
This position will work directly with Relationship Managers, and Credit Officers to obtain client daily, weekly, and/or monthly borrowing base certificate & supporting documents, and communicate with them to resolve all items not balanced or received and loans over-advanced. 10% of time
This position will enter and monitor customers' reporting requirements in the asset based lending loan/collateral system. 10% of time
Provide training to fellow associates on input to asset based lending systems & monthly reporting (as required).
The analyst is responsible for loan documentation administration, quality review checks, document deficiencies and resolution of deficiencies, and exception, maturing loan, delinquency management. 20% of time
Specific activities include:
- Gather and review documentation for Business Capital loan requests and coordinate efforts with external legal counsel.
- Responsible for quality checks of executable loan document packets, document deficiencies and resolution of deficiencies or clarification of “best practices”; ensures executed loan documents are sent for booking in a timely, efficient manner.
- Coordinate closely with Director of Business Capital, Credit Officers, and Relationship Managers regarding maturing reports and exceptions.
- Concentrate on the overall relationship (loans, deposits and fees) for Business Capital clients.
- Manage and minimize loan exceptions, past due loan balances and update loan portfolios with current loan information.
- May close executable loan documentation on behalf of company at the request of the Director of Business Capital or Relationship Manager.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Needed to Perform Essential Functions of the Job:
- 3 years accounting experience
- 3 years Asset Based Cash Flow, Leverage and Mezzanine Lending experience
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in finance or accounting, or 3 years equivalent work experience
- Additional training as deemed necessary for job
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong Computer Skills
- Stucky, Modeler and Excel Experience
Level of Complexity and Scope:
Degree of Independence and Decision-Making:
Required Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Occasionally lifts and carries up to 10 lbs.
- Occasionally drives.
- Frequently sits, stands and walks.
Compliance Statement: The associate is responsible for meeting all compliance requirements imposed on First Financial Bank by State and Federal law and regulation, as well as all related First Financial Bank policies and procedures. This includes all Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering, OFAC and Suspicious Activity reporting requirements, as well as all other lending and deposit compliance requirements.
Development and Training (Optional):
- Required bank training courses
- Applicable Webcast
- Applicable professional continuing education
- Continued bank training courses
It is our policy to not discriminate against any individual in violation of federal, state, and local laws as it relates to age, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran/military service, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an E-Verify Employer.