Under direction, this position is responsible for the collection of delinquent balances of customers within a predetermined business segment aligned to a geographic location:
- Initiates correspondence (verbal or written) to customers and field sales to enhance corporate cash flow. Ensures that the departmental Days Sales outstanding (DSO) goal is achieved. Presents a positive and service oriented attitude to internal and external customers to maintain and improve customer relationships.
- Recommends efficiencies regarding departmental procedures and customer payment patterns ensuring they are appropriate to departmental goals and objective attainment.
- Analyzes Portfolios, identify customers that require placement with third party collections, bankruptcy processes, submits credits and rebills, manual billing, and write-off preparation. Customers are only placed with external agency once internal efforts have been exhausted.
- Evaluates account status to initiate credit suspension and pursues action with customer and sales force to ensure payment. Will appraise situation once resolved to potentially reinstate credit terms.
- Identifies causes for customer deductions, recommends operational changes that reduce/eliminate reoccurring deductions.
- Secures proof of delivery in order to substantiate services were rendered.
- Provides training and mentoring capabilities to new hires. Will serve as a role model to internal and external customers to display professionalism and a Stericycle “can do” attitude.
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
- Education equivalent to Associates Degree in Business Management, Accounting, Banking & Finance, or Liberal Arts, or the equivalent in related work experience, demonstrating a working knowledge of collection rules and regulations and aging procedures.
- Two or more years of experience as a collector, or the equivalent in related work experience, demonstrating a working knowledge of collection policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Demonstrates the ability to type a minimum of 40 wpm.