Position title – Commercial Construction Project Manager
Location - Washington DC & Northern Virginia
Type of employment - Regular
Estimated hours per week - 40
Work hours (i.e. shift) - VARIES
Start date of this position - Immediately
Startingsalary range-$80,000.00-$105,000.00+/-(Depending on Experience & Location)
Salary/Benefit notes - Additional 15% - 20% Bonus incentives
Education (minimum) - High School Diploma/GED
Experience level (minimum)– 5 to 10 Years Commercial Project Management Experience
PBI provides commercial construction services with a restoration division for clients in the assisted living, medical, hospitality, government, education, office and multifamily markets. Our core business is interior renovations, additions, new construction, construction defects, design/build, construction management and capital improvements from one to five million dollars in the Mid-Atlantic region. After 30 years, PBI has a reputation for being problem solvers and tackling the most difficult of projects.The right individual for this position will be accustomed to a culture based on delivering service and quality in an ethical and timely manner.
PBI is seeking a Project Manager experienced in interior/exterior commercial construction projectsand groundup new construction. Project Management experience is necessary with a strong knowledge of subcontractors and suppliers within the Baltimore, Washington DC and Northern Virginia market. Computer proficiency with MS Project, Excel, Word, Outlook are essential along with organizational, communication and social skills.
- Schedule the projects in logical steps and budget time required to meet critical deadlines.
- Determine labor requirements, schedule work crews and Subcontractors toconstruction sites.
- Prepare and manage cost-effective budgets.
- Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, and other regulations.
- Interpret and explain plans, scopes of work and contract terms to administrative staff,workers, clients and representation of the clients.
- Prepare RFI’s, negotiate revisions and change orders with property owners, managers, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Obtain all necessary permits and licenses.
- Select, direct and supervise workers, subcontractors andsuppliers.
- Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods.
- Ability to direct and motivate a team towards a common goal
- Manage invoices and approve for processing.
- Weekly reporting to clients and management via PM Software
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
This position occasionally requires the handling of some specialty equipmentand materials. Lifting or carrying 75 pounds, loading and unloading equipment and supplies will be required. Must be able to work from and carry all types of step ladders, A-frame ladders and extension ladders by oneself. Candidate must be able to passa respiratory fit test and pulmonary physical.
PBI offers a competitive Salary and Commission Plan, Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Plan benefits where employee is covered at 100%. 401(k) Plan, Profit Sharing and Pension Plan with generous employer contributions. Voluntary Benefits – Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability and Life Insurance employee funded at Group rates.PTO – paid time off (up to 20 days). Company vehicle, insurance and gas(or vehicle allowance). Company cell phone. Eight paid Federal Holidays.
Clean DMV record, criminal background check and pre-employment drug test required. American citizenship and currently residing in theNorthern Virginia, Washington DC territory is necessary. New opportunities will also be opening in Philadelphia.
We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience and the best projects for our clients. Build your future, achieve long term stability and join our expanding and energetic team.
Project Manager 6/28/2019
Additional 15% - 20% Bonus incentives