Cogent Communications is a multinational, Tier 1 facilities-based ISP, consistently ranked as one of the top five networks in the world and is publicly traded on the NASDAQ Stock Market under the ticker symbol CCOI. Cogent specializes in providing businesses with high speed Internet access and point-to-point transport services. Cogent's facilities-based, all-optical IP network backbone provides IP services in over 199 markets globally. Since its inception, Cogent has unleashed the benefits of IP technology, building one of the largest and highest capacity IP networks in the world. This network enables Cogent to offer large bandwidth connections at highly competitive prices. Cogent also offers superior customer support by virtue of its end-to-end control of service delivery and network monitoring. Cogent offers competitive compensation and a full benefits package that takes effect within 30 days of employment.
The legal department of Cogent Communications seeks a Contract Administrator to work at Cogent’s headquarters in Washington, DC. Cogent Communications, is a publicly traded, growing high-speed Internet service provider with operations in North America, Europe, South America and Asia.
The Contract Administrator will support a small legal department consisting of three lawyers and the company’s corporate secretary.
Salary range: $55k-$65k.
- Review, draft and negotiate in a timely manner a wide variety of simple contracts, such as non-disclosure agreements and simple vendor and customer contracts.
- Present and explain contract conditions and details to internal and external partners.
- Take responsibility for the process through which contracts are reviewed and approved.
- Maintain corporate qualifications in various jurisdictions in the U.S. and countries where Cogent operates.
- Support in the administration of the Cogent stock plans and Section 16 reporting obligations.
- Maintain and update the contracts database.
- Handle insurance (filings and COIs) and corporate compliance matters.
- Interface on a regular basis with partners in the Sales, Finance and Operations groups and create and maintain excellent working relationships.
- Facilitate contract and document execution and transfer.
- Provide administrative support to the Legal department and handle other matters as necessary.
- Two or more years of relevant work experience, including prior experience drafting and negotiating contracts.
- Ability and willingness to negotiate contract terms with external partners.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail, with accurate input and proofreading skills.
- Ability to apply principles of contracting to drafting within parameters and templates set by the Legal department.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize own workload and meet deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with personnel at all levels and exercise sound decision-making.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects independently in a dynamic environment with tight deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Experience in a corporate in-house legal department.
- Knowledge of telecommunications and/or the technology industry.
- Experience in creating, qualifying and maintaining corporate entities in the United States and worldwide
- SEC Section 16 reporting experience
- Language skills: Bilingual - Spanish in particular
Cogent Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.