RiskIQ is the leader in digital threat management, providing the most comprehensive discovery, intelligence, and mitigation of threats associated with an organization’s digital presence. With more than 80 percent of attacks originating outside the firewall, RiskIQ allows enterprises to gain unified insight and control over web, social, and mobile exposures. Trusted by thousands of security analysts, RiskIQ’s platform combines advanced internet data reconnaissance and analytics to expedite investigations, understand digital attack surfaces, assess risk, and take action to protect business, brand, and customers. Based in San Francisco, the company is backed by Summit Partners, Battery Ventures, Georgian Partners, and MassMutual Ventures.
We are looking for a Commercial Contract Counsel (or, experienced Contract Manager) to join our team in San Francisco.
We are looking for Commercial Contracts Counsel (or, Contract Managers with relevant experience) to join as the third member of RiskIQ’s legal team.
You will be responsible for a wide range of contract life cycle functions to drive a fast-growing SaaS cybersecurity business. You will play a critical role in all facets of the company’s contracting, with a significant primary focus on supporting our sales and go-to-market teams. You will be a business minded problem-solver and trusted advisor to the all RiskIQ business units.
Each day will be unpredictable -- and you must find that exciting. You will have an eye towards progressing upwards in the legal department as RiskIQ grows.
This position will be based at RiskIQ’s downtown San Francisco office.
What You’ll Do
- Assist with drafting and negotiating a variety of agreements and documents for our cybersecurity SaaS offering. You will drive the entire contract life cycle, including reviewing, drafting, revising and negotiating contracts and being front-line support for global sales and go-to-market teams and leading customer-facing negotiations with Global 2000 customer base.
- Assist with developing, improving, and maintaining contract templates, standard forms, and processes.
- Support marketing, engineering, people, and other depts in reviewing and negotiating vendor contracts.
- Assist with training and education to internal teams to assure conformity and consistency in application of legal policies and procedures.
- Work cross-functionally to identify risks and provide strategic, practical and creative legal and business advice.
- Assist on other projects as needed, including general corporate, IP, litigation, and risk management issues.
Who You Are
- Must have Bachelor’s degree. (JD preferred)
- At least 2 years of relevant experience, at reputable law firm(s) and/or in-house at a fast-growing tech company.
- Experience structuring, drafting, and negotiating a wide variety of commercial contracts, including significant experience with SaaS agreements.
- Ability to balance legal and business risks practically in order to drive deals to swift closure.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills and ability to work both in teams and independently.
The Successful Candidate will also have the following:
- Embodies our three RiskIQ Values: (1) Customer First; (2) Passionate Curiosity; and (3) Get Your Hands Dirty.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, staying level-headed and calm amidst juggling multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Confidence, balanced with humility and coachability. We have a flat department in a flat company -- no egos or rigid hierarchies!
- Creative thinker with strong problem-solving skills and the ability to stay calm under challenging circumstances.
- A sense of humor and a positive attitude.
- You have good judgement, can influence others and have strong ethics.
- Curiosity and willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise.
Why work at RiskIQ?
- Fascinating work - Welcome to the underbelly of the Internet. We detect and expose malware, viruses, exploit kits, botnets, affiliate fraud, advertising fraud, and illicit mobile apps, among other things. It is the golden age of internet crime, and we are at the forefront of defensive efforts to stem the tide. Internet security is a global growth industry, and the domain knowledge you acquire here will be a marketable skill for decades to come.
- We are a company on the uptick - We have a proven business model: we were profitable after our first year of business, and we continue to grow our profits year over year. Our client list reads like the Hollywood A-list of tech and financial Fortune 500 companies.
- Talent begets talent - Our founders are the reason people join us. Our CEO is a respected industry expert whose domain knowledge is unbelievably vast, and our CTO exudes knowledge, skill, and a tremendous work ethic. Both sweat knowledge from their pores, and it's all yours if you're able to soak it up.
- Unbounded opportunity - We are small and we are growing. You will be provided with as much responsibility as you can handle - new career development opportunities constantly pop up given our growth rate. Want to design a new data center from the ground up? Or architect a big data back-end to double our storage and increase our analysis capabilities to triple figure terabytes? These challenges are yours for the taking if you prove you're capable.
- Flexibility - You will have a large workload, but also the freedom to accomplish it on your own terms.