As one of the world’s leading analytical instrumentation companies, Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields of research and development. All our systems and instruments are designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life. We’ve been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 50 years now. Today, worldwide more than 6,500 employees are working on this permanent challenge, at over 70 locations on all continents.
New opportunity based in Billerica MA for a Commercial Contracts Manager to manage the contract lifecycle for all company contracts, including sales- and service agreements, software license agreements, order forms and non-disclosure agreements.
- Ensure business goals are accomplished by contract implementation
- Proactively assist sales team with responses to bids, proposals and contract negotiations
- Lead complex contract negotiations and manages all changes in and addendums to existing contracts
- Analyze all requirements and provisions in contracts, including terms and conditions, to ensure compliance with all laws and regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Assist the company with other legal matters such as corporate activities and managing customer complaints and disputes.
- Ensure that business goals are accomplished by contract implementation
- Identify potential improvements to existing policies and processes.
- Prepare reports on the status of contracts for management.
- Conduct special projects as assigned.
- Participate in meetings with clients and company management during contract negotiations.
- Visit client sites and meets with business partners, as needed.
- Perform other duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- J.D. plus minimum of 4 years’ work experience managing commercial contracts, preferably in product technology and software companies
- Demonstrated knowledge of contract law (both civil and common law)
- Extensive knowledge of federal, state and local laws, regulations and codes
- Advanced MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, SAP, CRM, and Sales Force proficiency
- Proven ability to explain complex legal, contractual and other concepts clearly and concisely
- Good judgement in determining how to prioritize competing tasks to effectively support the business
- Superior oral and written organizational, analytical, communication, and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to conduct business with customers in a professional and courteous manner
- A strong working knowledge of company products, policies, procedures, and technology.
- Exhibits strong analytical and critical thinking abilities
- Possesses excellent persuasion, negotiation and judgment skills
- Advanced knowledge of financial analytics and profit and loss implications
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and deliverables, meet tight deadlines, and endure high pressure or stressful situations
- Demonstrates the highest standards of business ethics, honesty, and personal integrity
- Fluency in English required. Additional language fluency helpful.
- Valid Driver License in good standing, issued by resident state required
- U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Resident status required
- Maintain a valid passport with flexibility fordomestic and international travel
- May be required to pass security clearance investigation.
Bruker Corporation offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, holidays, and tuition assistance (as applicable).
Bruker is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Certain positions at Bruker require compliance withexport control laws and as a result, all interviewed candidates for all positions will be screened pre-interview to determine theireligibility in light of export control restrictions.