Are you looking for a rewarding career with a dynamic company? Trademark Metals Recycling (TMR) is hiring. We are passionate about our business and about building relationships that stand the test of time. We are pro-active self-starters who thrive on opportunities, challenges and have a strong work ethic. And of course, we're competitive. TMR achieves success by hiring the best people so we are looking for motivated teammates that have a desire to help shape the future of scrap metal recycling.
TMR is Florida's largest scrap metal recycler with over 20 recycling facilities located throughout the state. Our facilities include four automobile shredders, balers, shears, mobile shearing, torch processing, auto crushers, an extensive truck and railcar fleet, landfill services and railcar dismantling.
TMR is a wholly owned subsidiary of The David Joseph Company (DJJ) which was founded in 1885 and is a world leader in scrap metal recycling & trading. With over 80 locations, the Joseph Company is headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nucor Corporation (NUE) a Fortune 200 Company. DJJ has a well-earned reputation for safety, integrity and innovation. We are recognized as a good community citizen who is trustworthy, financially strong and environmentally proactive.
- Oversee customer relations and retention at the scales, including but not limited to greeting customers and analyzing products for purchase and overrides.
- Field all inbound calls. Respond to quote calls received in less than 30 minutes OR as soon as reasonably possible.
- Assist all buyers with customer needs.
- Cold call potential new customers and build database to track successes of calls.
- Report performance weekly.
- Conduct customer surveys.
- Coordinate customer appreciation events.
- Operate both ferrous and nonferrous scales with full knowledge of processes and systems.
- Stay current on state and local regulations regarding scrap metal recycling and coordinate the enforcement of these regulations in the facility.
- Other duties as assigned by your manager.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, non-stop environment while providing excellent customer service and handling multiple projects.
- Minimum of 2-years previous work experience in sales, retail and/or customer service or bachelor’s degree in business related field preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to develop new customers as well as the ability to maintain and strengthen current customer relationships.
- Strong administrative background.
- Proven ability to work independently and with others and be part of a team.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and meet critical deadlines.
- Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication, organization and time management skills.
- Ability to be flexible, supportive and adaptive to changes in direction, priorities and job duties.
- Computer experience, including Microsoft Excel, Word, and the ability to learn in house systems.
- Knowledge of the metals recycling industry preferred.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
- Flexible to work off hours, weekends, holidays in an industrial environment which includes being outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Bilingual preferred.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package including paid training, bonus program, medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage, vacation, paid holidays, a 401(k) plan with match, tuition reimbursement and other great benefits.
Trademark Metals Recycling (TMR) is a drug-free workplace and conducts pre-employment testing as a condition of employment.
TMR is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, lactation/breastfeeding, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. TMR hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.
TMR reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants and teammates.
TMR also provides a work environment in which each teammate is able to be productive and work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all teammates in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual respect by and for all teammates and applicants.