**If you are a current FIB employee, please apply through the Career Worklet in the Employee Portal.
The Commercial Credit & Process Manager (CCPM) manages the Credit functions continuous improvement efforts. The CCPM identifies, facilities and delivers on-going process improvements in the areas of credit underwriting and risk mitigation.
This position is responsible for:
- Operates in the Bank’s complex commercial credit channel, currently defined as credit relationships >$500,000.00
- Continuously improve the efficiency and effectiveness of credit underwriting, monitoring and analytics, owns process and quality
- Lead major credit process workflow, Lending Cloud, analysis and reporting projects
- Owns LOS, forms, templates, spreading tool, etc.
- Management of Credit Analysts teams directly and Assistant Relationship Managers indirectly
This position reports to the Commercial Lending Center (CLC) Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned.
- Collaborate closely with Credit, Operations and Frontline Management executives, directors and senior management to develop, prioritize and implement credit operational strategies and related initiatives
- Drive continues credit process improvement while acting as a Change Agent within Credit function and Commercial Loan Center
- Foster innovation through regularly evolving credit policies and procedures
- Sponsor a transformative, multi-year credit workflow and Lending Cloud (LOS) project
- Develop deeply collaborative relationships with business partners (Frontline, Credit, IT, HR, Operations, etc.)
- Transform credit process with automation and data/model-based emphasis on assessment, monitoring, control and reporting methods
- Solution regulatory guidance on credit topics including exam finding remediation
- Works with CLC Manager and direct reports to develop performance targets and service level agreements that support the Bank’s vision and business plans.
- Monitors credit quality on an ongoing basis and manages quality control issues. Works with the CLC Manager and Credit to ensure timely reporting of issues and resolution solutions.
- Works with the Credit Risk Management to develop/enhance effective Underwriting Policies and Procedures.
- Guides and advises direct reports in complex situations.
- Fosters a Client Focused driven environment in the Credit Analyst Teams in all interactions with the Field (Relationship Managers, Business Bankers, Commercial Banking Reps., etc.), internal CLC groups and outside support groups in the Bank.
- Acts as a liaison between Field personnel, CLC departments, other Bank groups and vendors to jointly resolve problems.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state and regulatory laws and policies, and with internal credit policies, underwriting procedures and audit standards.
- Ensures that adequate staffing levels are available for an effective operating environment using a staffing model and other metrics to make recommendations.
- Assists management in workload leveling based on current pipeline and anticipated volume levels.
- Sponsor credit-training schedule ensuring that individual credit underwriting skills are maintained and that staff members meet the requirements for eligibility, including education and ongoing training.
- Administers personnel policies and procedures as established by the Bank including developing direct reports, assists management in scheduling training opportunities for staff.
- Recommends, develops and implements effective reporting tools that keep direct reports and superiors informed on key aspects and attributes of underwriting performance.
- Supports Credit Risk Management and CLC Manager on credit policy, procedure and technology projects to ensure high levels of quality, Superior Client experience, risk mitigation and regulatory compliance.
- Strong communication skills; and ability to influence others by persuasively presenting thoughts and ideas to gain commitment for proposed ideas and solutions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from a four-year College or University in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, IT and/or Engineering. A minimum of seven (7) years’ experience with senior level credit process management including and effectively applying end-to-end credit workflow and streamlining policy and procedures. Exhibit’s expertise with process, design, workflow software and credit risk data warehouses. A minimum of five (5) years’ of direct management experience. A minimum of ten (10) years’ of experience assessing, recommending and/or approving Commercial/Corporate credits.
OTHER SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Demonstrates ability to perform in a dynamic production environment and meet unit productivity goals.
- Must be skilled in proposing, negotiating, and approving credit and loan structures.
- Excellent understanding of credit underwriting, determining factors, changing parameters, and impact on overall corporate goals.
- Thorough working knowledge of policies, procedures and federal regulations related to CLC Underwriting Group functions.
- Strong understanding of CLC operations (application processing, underwriting, loan closing and portfolio management), compliance requirements (internal and external), and regulatory guidelines (state and federal).
- Excellent analytical skills and understanding of financial statement analysis, key financial ratios and credit evaluation methods.
- Thorough knowledge of industries and inherent risks associated with those industries.
- Demonstrated understanding of risk management concepts.
- Excellent working knowledge of loan accounting and deposit systems.
- Strong computer skills including enterprise applications and PC skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Superior communication, both written and verbal, and presentational skills
- Influential at all functional levels within the Bank
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.