Independent Electric Supply, Inc. (IES) opened in 1976 with ten employees to serve electrical contractors working in the high-tech aerospace industry. Today, IES operates 16 electrical supply branches in the Northern California area, San Francisco Bay area, Central Valley, Central Coastand 7 locations throughout Arizona. IES focuses on traditional electrical supply with dedicated specialists in lighting, switchgear, wire management, tool & safety, renewable energy and enhance logistics solutions to meet specific customer needs. Employing more than 525 people and managing over 1 million square feet of warehouse space, IES is one of the strongest electrical distributors in the markets we serve.
In August 2011, IES was acquired by Sonepar USA consisting of the finest locally managed electrical and industrial distributors throughout the United States. Sonepar is the world leader in electrical distribution.
Drives Flatbed truck, van or other non commercial vehicle over various routes to deliver products or materials. Operateswarehouse equipment to offload materials at jobsites or customer location.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Make deliveries to customer job sites or sites of business while adhering to all safety procedures.
- Load and unload materials, make deliveries, and return undelivered material to the warehouse.
- Check quantities of goods received and obtain proper signatures for deliveries.
- Make deliveries of merchandise to customers, other IES branch locations and/or to final destination.
- Project a positive company image when delivering directly to our customers.
- Assist with the scheduling, loading and unloading of deliveries.
- Inspect truck for defects before and after trips and submits report indicating truck condition. Be responsible for general care and maintenance of the vehicle assigned to driver.
- Check items assembled to make certain the proper items are being delivered as per the sales ticket.
- Knowledge of electrical goods is important and the truck driver is expected to acquire this knowledge for positive identification of delivered items.
- Observe all safety rules and regulations, particularly the hazards encountered with driving a truck.
- Maintain a good driving record and be properly licensed.
- Understand and abide by the Federal Highway Administration Rules and Regulations for drivers where applicable. Maintain driver log according to D.O.T. regulations.
- Keep accurate records and submits expense reports for reimbursement of expenditures as required.
- Have a good working knowledge of the delivery area served.
- Schedule all necessary deliveries and pick-ups of materials and packages for company using the most efficient and effective means.
- Ability to assist warehouse personnel with the following, but not limited to: warehouse housekeeping duties, withdrawal of merchandise to fill orders, packaging and labeling of orders, storing and shelving of merchandise, relocation and/or rearrangement of stock as required.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned.
Through previous background and experience, the candidate must be able to demonstrate, with or without an accommodation:
- Knowledge of branch product lines.
- Knowledge of shipping and receiving practices.
- Knowledge of Company policies and procedures.
- Skill in organizing and prioritizing personnel and work activities.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Must be a team player and abide by IES''s strong core values and beliefs.