Spacecon is an ABC-accredited quality contractor dedicated to providing a variety of architectural finishing services on projects ranging from renovation to new construction.
Spacecon is currently seeking an Estimator/Project Engineer Trainee for our New Castle, Delaware location.
Room for Advancement
The candidate in this position will be trained to perform initial specification interpretation, take-off of quantities from drawings or by field measurement, and learn how to prepare cost estimates on assigned projects. They will also learn to coordinate the accumulation of labor & material cost data, while recording and maintaining such information for guidance in future estimating projects. In addition, this position will gradually take on additional project responsibilities with experience.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Two-year or Four-year college degree or technical school certification
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiasm and strong work ethic
- Ability to interpret drawings & plans (architectural & mechanical plans as well as flow diagrams)
- Strong math aptitude, in particular, algebra and geometry skills a benefit
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required
- Must be willing and able to handle a small amount of travel within the geographic coverage area of the office
Ideal Candidate will possess:
- Some experience and/or strong interest in construction field
- Some knowledge of construction specifications and other contract documents
- Some knowledge of estimating processes / software
- Some knowledge of construction scheduling processes / software
- Knowledge of MS Office Products