Businesses PRATT & WHITNEY Job ID 69898BR Date posted 07/27/2018 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country US
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you. We have a rare opportunity for a talented Commercial Engines Program Quality Engineer to be based in East Hartford, CT. In this role, you will integrate, coordinate and support activities to engage internal organizations and internal and external producers to high levels of quality performance related to product development, certification and production.
- Driving the integration of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) into the organization to enable a robust design
- Leverage best practices to ensure completion of Product producability assessment, review and incorporate Supply Chain & Quality historical data and lessons learned into designs
- Coordinating risk assessments to identify the systems, assemblies, and components within the preliminary BOM for the application of APQP Phases 2, 3, and 4; inspection readiness plans identified that support development program schedule; quality-related program risk identified including technical, product cost, producability, schedule, validation, partner and budget
- Implementation of effective Engineering Escape RCCA, and effective Mfg Escape CA (Engineering actions); tracking and resolution as needed; Quality Assurance Data (QAD) requirements planning and tracking; Manufacturing part requirements (cost, schedule, process); risk mitigation planning; publishing of program focused quality metrics
- Provide input and support the Component Integrated Product Team (CIPT) on targets for product safety, performance, quality/manufacturability, reliability, and service life; technology and manufacturing development plans identified that support development program schedule; evaluate identified Supplier's ProCert / PPAP plan
- Travel up to 20%
- May bring someone in at a higher level dependent upon experience/qualifications
Qualification: Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree required, Engineering or other technical field of study preferred
- 5+ years Quality Engineering experience in an aerospace production or engineering/manufacturing area
- US citizenship required due to government contracts
- Detail and results oriented with good problem solving skills
- Ability to meet commitments, balance and resolve conflicting priorities
- Understands strategic and business implications and works to provide best P&W solutions
- High energy, dynamic individual who strives for continuous improvement
- Excellent Judgment and professional maturity
- Ability to create positive relationships and craft clear communication
- ASQ certifications a plus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to work effectively with associates at all levels throughout the organization
- A working understanding of quality system requirements, knowledge of AS9100 requirements, and of the ACE operating system or similar continuous improvement methodology
- A general knowledge of the quality, engineering, procurement, & manufacturing disciplines
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
Education: Bachelor's Degree required, Engineering or other technical field of study preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.