Businesses PRATT & WHITNEY Job ID 77576BR Date posted 12/05/2018 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country US
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you. The Quality Assurance organization has an opportunity for you to join the Program Quality management team as a Component Integrated Product Team (CIPT) Quality Leader (QL). In this role, you will lead and support activities to engage internal organizations and internal and external producers to high levels of quality performance related to product development, certification and production.
- Driving the organization for initial Product producability assessment, review and incorporate Supply Chain & Quality historical data and lessons learned into designs
- All Process and Design Failure Modes and Effects Analyses (DFMEA and PFMEA), risk mitigation plans, quality processes and continuous Improvement
- Leading efforts for risk assessment
- Inspection readiness plans that support development program schedule; quality-related program risk identified including technical, product cost, producability, schedule, validation, partner and budget;
- Inspection readiness plans that support development program schedule; assess the feasibility of the proposed design and document that the proposed design can be manufactured, assembled, tested, packaged, and delivered in sufficient quantity on schedule at an acceptable cost
- Actions and identified risks documented and addressed; manufacturing process integration and documentation; implementation of effective Engineering Escape RCCA, and effective Mfg Escape CA (Engineering actions); tracking and resolution as needed; Quality Assurance Data (QAD) requirements planning and tracking
- Manufacturing part requirements (cost, schedule, process); risk mitigation planning; publishing of program focused quality metrics
- Provide input and support the CIPT on targets for product safety, performance, quality/manufacturability, reliability, and service life; technology and manufacturing development plans identified that support development program schedule
- Travel may be up to 10%
Qualification: Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7+ years of quality assurance, manufacturing operations, and/or engineering experience
- US citizenship required due to government contracts
- Knowledge of those processes and procedures associated with direct part producer support; knowledge of the P&W Quality Management System and supplier quality management systems
- Sound business judgment, strong organization, leadership, team building, interpersonal, communications, writing and presentation skills
- Ability to meet commitments, balance and resolve conflicting priorities
- High energy, dynamic individual who strives for continuous improvement
- Excellent judgment and professional maturity
- Highly motivated and a self-starter with a strong desire to succeed and pursue continued growth and developmental opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to interface with all levels of management and external customers
- Results focused work ethic to resolve issues in a timely manner
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do and that is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
Pratt & Whitney is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Education: Bachelor's Degree
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.