At COUNTRY Financial, our Commercial Field Underwriter provides field underwriting and loss control services including risk selection, coverage evaluation, pricing, valuation, and hazard identification for our clients and customers within the assigned territory. Clients and customers include underwriting personnel, financial reps, policyholders, and prospective clients. This position is also responsible for partnering with our agency force to profitably grow our Commercial book of business through proactive activities that include agency Commercial product training, financial rep marketing plan development, lead generation and solicitation assistance.
Within an assigned territory, this positions accepts, declines, or modifies offerings submitted by producers. Develops ongoing relationships with agents, monitors agency growth, profitability and quality of submissions, and keeps agent up-to-date with underwriting and/or product changes. Evaluates risks according to location, physical and moral hazards, underwriting precedent, and experience. Checks information received concerning risks, inspection reports, credit reports, producer's advisories, etc. Reviews all correspondence, daily reports, endorsements, inspection and credit reports, and publications pertaining to responsibility. Serves as a consultant to production, rating, and claims adjusting personnel, as required. Maintains frequent visit schedule with all assigned agents.
*This position is part of a job family. Placement will be determined by skills and qualifications of the candidate.
- Provide field underwriting and loss control services including risk selection, coverage evaluation, pricing, valuation, and hazard identification for our clients and customers within the assigned territory. Clients and customers include underwriting personnel, financial representatives, policyholders, and prospective clients.
- Discusses specific commercial and agriculture risks, underwriting guidelines, and decisions with financial representatives, their staff, and company personnel. Utilizes effective persuasion and negotiation techniques to facilitate the acceptance of underwriting decisions.
- Conducts formal and informal training to financial representatives and agency managers on various aspects of the Property and Casualty insurance business as needed, through specific projects as well as day-to-day occurrences, with an emphasis on Commercial Lines.
- Partners with the agency mangers within an assigned territory to promote profitable commercial growth, through establishing shared commercial goals, commercial training expectations and planned commercial promotion within their agency.
- Meets with representatives and help identify, develop and implement programs to take advantage of specific marketing opportunities, particularly with commercial and agriculture related risks.
- Utilize data skills such as Excel/Tableau/Pivot table applications.
- Strong commercial or agribusiness underwriting experience, including field exposure.
- Experience in working & partnering with a sales force in support of profitable P&C growth.
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational & self-management skills. Able to work well both independently & as a team member.
- Typically requires:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of commercial or field underwriting or related experience, OR
- Master’s degree and at least 3 years of commercial or field underwriting or related experience, OR
- At least 7 years of commercial or field underwriting or related experience.
- Normal office environment.
- Work may extend beyond normal business hours as business needs dictate. #LI-AH1
For more details about careers at COUNTRY Financial®, please visit us online at www.countryfinancial.com/careers
COUNTRY Financial does not generally sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.