Commercial HVAC Systems Specialist - WD30077728206
What you will do
The CSS role requires collaboration and active teaming with various Ducted System functional teams in order to grow the DX business and best serve the customer needs. Collaboration with the following teammates will be required to drive results : Local Market salespersons and leadership, COE, Ducted Systems Regional Sales Managers, product management, marketing, application engineering, technical support and customer service, among others. As necessary beyond the COE, this role will coordinate provision of, or directly provide, sales and technical support for Local Market salespersons, which includes job take-offs, application engineering, and technical assistance.
How you will do it
How you will do it
- Under direction of Local HVAC Sales Manager, manages a local market annual sales growth plan and accurately forecasts local market sales utilizing rigorous opportunity pipeline management.
- In collaboration & coordination with Local Market salespeople assigned to the customers, builds partnering relationships directly with assigned Consulting Engineer and Design-Build Contractor accounts to support basis of design (BOD) efforts, provide DX system design support and evaluate system tradeoff decisions based on first costs and lifecycle costs.
- Coordinates and participates in account management to support DX system growth in priority accounts with assigned salespeople. Is accountable for the execution of the DX sales initiatives within the account plans to ensure optimal coverage, penetration and share growth. Will use Salesforce CRM platform to house and update the account plans
- Consistently drives specifications towards BSNA DX offerings with consulting engineers and design build contractors, not only earning BOD, but also influencing written specifications to provide value to the customers and differentiation from competitors.
- Identifies, recommends and implements programs, tools and support necessary to increase sales productivity of DX offerings.
- Develops relationships with internal support, operations, and administrative staff to ensure customer satisfaction, and quickly addresses issues. Trains and mentors inside sales team to drive customer satisfaction.
- Champions DX product launches within the Local Market in conjunction with Product Business Unit (PBU) launch activities
- Acts as the primary Subject Matter Expert on DX offerings in Local Market and supports salespeople with customer education and presentations.
- Provides selling support through technical assistance to co-workers, customers, and others who may influence the purchase decision.
- Leverages COE to perform take-offs, estimates, and BOD selections whenever possible. When necessary, this role will perform these functions, for example to meet customer timeline requirements in earning BOD, meeting bid dates, and securing projects.
- Targets new customers beyond the prioritized accounts, as directed by Local HVAC Sales Manager, and using account management strategies.
- Promotes & coordinates with 3rd party products as required, for example to complete a package for specific customer application or project.
- Understands JCI System strengths and competitors’ weaknesses and drives opportunities to provide customer with maximum value and JCI with maximum advantage.
- Conducts technical presentations on JCI offerings and positions oneself as a subject matter expert to assigned accounts.
- Utilizes applicable sales tools effectively (Salesforce CRM, Account Management, Account Plan and TAS) to plan, build pipeline of opportunity, and document progress, update management, and increase penetration of accounts.
- Develops a solid understanding and remains current on industry standards, pertinent building codes, and best practices for design of HVAC Equipment and Controls systems.
- Develops relationship with Local Market Owner sales leadership and salespeople to support owner influence and owner direct opportunities.
- Participates in professional organizations for personal development, customer relationship building, and industry networking within community.
What we look for
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3 years minimum experience
- Ability to builds relationships with customers at manager/director level
- Ability to understand needs and offer solutions
- Pricing ability
- Set business parameters
- Ability to service and support existing customer accounts is geographic area