Please do not apply unless you hold an active Texas Property & Casualty license or are willing to obtain or renew expired license.
The Account Executive is primarily responsible for the daily servicing of commercial clients, retention of new and renewal clients. This position may also oversee all servicing positions. This position also works in partnership with the Sales Executive(s) in the production and retention of new and renewal clients in keeping with the agency and individual goals, and development of strategies for the retention of renewals while maintaining high service standards.
Duties include but are not limited to:
Manages accounts on a day-to-day basis which includes coordinating all services, answering all questions, and resolving problems, which may arise.
Maintains a concern for timeliness and completeness when interacting with clients, agency and company personnel.
Responsible for having an understanding of assigned accounts in order to give proper advice for changing situations, which may require modifications to existing coverage.
Identifies cross-selling opportunities. Expands/rounds-out existing accounts by identifying potential gaps in coverage, recommending and implementing proper coverage.
Reviews contracts and special certificate of insurance requests for compliance and response to insured.
Responsible for making sure all terms and conditions of the insurance policies written by the insurance company are properly prepared and provides all of the coverage that was presented to the insured in our proposal.
Keeps the sales executive informed of pertinent information regarding the accounts.
Prepares submissions for the marketing of accounts.
Analyzes account for adequacy and appropriateness of coverage.
Process invoices and resolves accounting discrepancies in a timely fashion.
Prepares proposals, synopses, analysis and special projects, as requested.
Keeps informed regarding carrier underwriting, appetite and pricing changes
Order and/or issue binders, certificates, endorsements, policies and other related items; verify their accuracy and deliver to client with appropriate correspondence.
Works directly with accounting department on processing of client billing.
Reconciliation of monthly report(s) to/from Broker and/or carriers.
Works directly with carriers regarding policy changes, corrections, and all other issues that arise.
Oversees account manager positions and other servicing positions.
Knowledge and Skills
Ability to work in a fast paced environment with minimal instruction and a high degree of accuracy.
- Sets priorities and manages work flow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate processing of transactions and other responsibilities.
- Maintain a cordial and effective relationship with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors and other business contacts. Ability to work in a team environment.
- Keep informed regarding industry information, new product information, legislation, coverages and technology to continuously improve knowledge and performance.
- Interact with others effectively by utilizing good communication skills, cooperating purposefully and providing information and guidance, as needed, to achieve the business goals of the company.
- Demonstrate consistently positive customer service skills focused on client and employee retention.
- Perform job responsibilities in accordance with policies and applicable laws.
- Must be comfortable with internet based programs as well as advanced knowledge of Microsoft office products.
- May act as lead directing workflow of employees in the department.
- Performs lead responsibilities in accordance with policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities may include training employees; planning, assigning and directing work flow.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred;
- 10+ years experience in Commercial Property & Casualty Insurance Agency along with comprehensive understanding of all Property & Casualty insurance coverages, underwriting and rating concepts.
- Hold an industry designation such as ARM, CIC, CPCU or expected to further industry knowledge through courses with intent to pursue an industry designation.
Certifications or Licenses
- Active Texas Property & Casualty insurance license
Our mission is to deliver unsurpassed management and lifestyle services to communities worldwide. It guides us and has helped shape our pillars, values and company culture.
Our pillars aren’t just abstract ideas or words that sound good. These four principles are the very foundation on which our success stands and without even one of them, we wouldn’t be who we are.
- Without EMPLOYEE MORALE, there would be no enthusiasm about client service and without that, we couldn’t succeed at retaining our clients.
- Without CLIENT RETENTION, we couldn’t even begin to hope to gain new clients.
- Without CLIENT GROWTH, how could we expect
- PROFITABILITY to keep us in business?
Our values are the principles we hold the most dear, both as individuals and as one team.
- FAMILY SPIRIT
We are a family. We treat each other with kindness, respect and encouragement.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE
We value our clients and understand that their success is our success.
- INTEGRITY & ACCOUNTABILITY We maintain the highest ethical standards and are accountable for our actions.
- LOYALTY We are steadfastly loyal to our company, our leaders and colleagues and vice versa. Our hard work will be the mark of our devotion.
- INNOVATION & IMPROVEMENT We innovate constantly and always seek to improve.
Every employee has an opportunity to define what their unique role is and what talents and passions they can put to work. Together we strive to live out our mission, our pillars and our values every day.
Please contact Angela Hatt at 203-439-7833 for more details!