Job Title: Marketing Executive
Reports to: President
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Code: MK12MKEE
Summary The Commercial Insurance Marketing Executive markets new insurance accounts that generate at least $2,500 in revenue, by gathering information from Producers and Commercial Insurance Account Executives, responds to inquiries regarding new accounts, negotiates premiums and terms with insurance carrier underwriters, prepares proposals, and binds coverage.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Follows up with insurance carrier underwriters to answer questions and solicit quotes for new commercial business.
- Must be able to manage a high level of insurance related information in a variety of formats and be able to identify appropriate carriers for unusual risks in a timely manner.
- Negotiates premiums, coverages, terms and conditions for prospective clients.
- Meets with insurance carrier underwriters and marketing personnel to develop business relationships in order to determine carrier's interest in various classes of business.
- Sends new business submissions - applications, loss history, etc. - to appropriate insurance companies.
- Follows company procedures with respect to all essential duties and responsibilities of the job.
- Serves as a insurance marketing resource for Producers and Account Executives.
- Develops Proposals
- Must regularly work with customers, vendors, and co-workers.
- Assists in executing marketing strategies and objectives.
- Maintains commercial insurance marketing database including customer/prospect files.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and commercial insurance experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of agency management system and Microsoft suite of products including Outlook.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
All applicable insurance licenses.
Other Skills and Abilities
Full knowledge of insurance markets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.