Since 1969, Brakke Schafnitz Insurance Brokers and Saddleback Valley Insurance Center have provided comprehensive insurance solutions to individuals and businesses in Orange County, Los Angeles and nationwide. Today, this mission continues as Signature Insurance Group, which recently partnered with Acrisure, the eighth largest privately held broker in the United States. Based in Michigan, Acrisure operates in 43 states and internationally, with Brakke Schafnitz (Signature Insurance Group) representing their platform in California.
Acrisure has been named the fastest growing insurance brokerage firm three years in a row by Business Insurance Magazine. We have over 500 locations across the US and continue to grow every month. To fuel that growth, we have another exciting opportunity as a Commercial Lines Account Manager with Brakke-Schafnitz Insurance Brokers, an Acrisure Agency Partner.
The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing the required clerical and processing functions of a book of business, to generate accurate and timely work product in assisting the producer in the maintenance of files in all phases of activity.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Updating and maintaining renewal lists and sending renewal letters as requested
- Communicating with both carriers and clients in a timely and professional manner
- Checking policies, endorsements, audits and other policy documents for accuracy
- Using Carrier rating websites (Hartford, Travelers, etc.) or something similar.
- Organizing and prioritizing workflow
- Processing binders, certificates of insurance and all other policy information updates
- Performing related duties as assigned
- Assisting Producers and other Account Managers as needed
- Providing guidance and sharing information with other team members
- Completing Certificates of Insurance
- Processing change requests and submitting to carrier
- Requesting Loss Run information from insured and/or carrier
- Processing endorsements
- Processing and submitting claims to insurer
- Communicating with and Developing business relationships with clients
- Obtaining information from client in order to market new and renewal policies
- Performing special projects and other duties as assigned
- Ability to perform typing duties with verbal and/or written direction
- Strong multi-tasking, organizational, communication & grammatical skills
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience with Agency Management Systems (Applied/TAM experience are strongly preferred)
- Designations preferred (CIC, CPCU, CISR, AAI, ARM)
- Current CA Property & Casualty Insurance License or ability to obtain license with 6 months of hire
- Ability to work independently of continuous supervision and achieve a high-level product within requested time constraints
- Minimum 5+ years of progressively responsible insurance experience
- A positive outlook and desire to learn and grow with us
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moderate stress due to regular deadlines and daily challenges
- High finger dexterity while typing documents and forms
- Occasionally lift up to 20 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is done in a temperature-controlled, non-smoking office
- Open layout, desks with stand-up option
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
We offer a great benefits package including medical and dental plan, life insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid time off.
Job Type: Full-time