There’s nothing more satisfying than knowing you’ve made a difference in the life of another. As a Professional at Oregon Mutual Insurance you immediately become an integral part of a team that fulfills our company’s mission to provide peace of mind to our customers by delivering superior products and service.
We understand our strength is our people. You can’t have a Corporate Mission unless you believe in it and you can’t have Corporate Values unless you are willing to live by them. You could be the best at what you do, yet at Oregon Mutual Insurance we are only interested in the best who are passionate about their work, who want to learn our products and services, and help our customers every day. If you are an enthusiastic, collaborative, knowledge-hungry learner who is eager to be a team player and likes a challenge, this could be the right place for you!
The assistant underwriter is primarily responsible for supporting production and profitability goals by:
- Preparing new business files for underwriting review, including but not limited to farm and ranch, vineyards, equestrian, grain and field crops and nurseries.
- Reviewing, evaluating and approving policy change requests within defined authority
- Ordering investigative reports such as MVRs, claims history, financials, etc.
- Documenting files with suggested decisions/actions
- Following up on pending requests for information
- Researching and responding to agent inquiries
- Developing and maintaining professional working relationships with internal and external customers
Minimum qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required with equivalent combination of education, training and/or related office experience
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient PC skills including Microsoft Office products
- Ability to build and maintain strong internal and external business relationships
- Prioritization, organizational, time management and follow-up skills
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to change
- Ability to independently research and interpret policies, procedures and state legal requirements
- Creative problem solving skills
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
Oregon Mutual offers a pleasant working environment and a history of business spanning more than 100 years.
Equal Opportunity Employer