Experience with large accounts management is required for consideration of this role.
The Commercial Lines Account Manager will be responsible for providing customer service and overall service of assigned customers and/or policies, soliciting of new business on existing accounts and support of Producer-led new business efforts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports Producer in developing new business opportunities for existing clients and prospects;
- Initiates renewal process for existing clients, and discusses and creates renewal strategy with Producer;
- Analyzes and compares current exposures and develops renewal or new business specifications for marketing;
- Conducts marketing, negotiates rates, reviews quotes and coverages for competitiveness and accuracy;
- Reviews and summarizes marketing results and prepares proposals;
- Finalizes proposals and presentations in coordination with Producer;
- Binds insurance coverage and prepares binders and/or delegate certificates issuance;
- Reviews policies for accuracy and review contracts;
- Prepares summaries and/or schedules of coverage for clients;
- Reviews client accounting history, responds to accounting inquiries, corrects discrepancies, and contacts client on receivable collections;
- Participates in the claims process as directed by management, including claim submission, follow-up and overall communication;
- Provides technical guidance to staff assisting with client needs or procedural issues;
- Notifies brokers of pertinent information related to client retention;
- Meets with clients as needed or directed by Producer;
- Engages in optimal and appropriate usage of applicable agency management systems;
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Associates degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
6 - 8 years related work experience;
Valid insurance license
Must continue to meet Continuing Education requirements for license renewal
Encouraged to complete Career Path requirements as communicated by supervisor
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Ability to work within a team and to foster teamwork
Excellent customer service skills, including telephone and listening skills
Good leadership, problem solving and time management skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Proficient in Agency Management System
Resumes and inquiries should be directed to Angela Hatt.
All inquiries are confidential.