Bass Underwriters, Inc., a leading Wholesale Brokerage firm specializing in Excess and Surplus Lines, is currently seeking experienced brokers. This person will have access to broad markets and specialty programs. They must be capable of generating their own prospect pipeline with a desire to continually grow and create opportunities within the independent agency system.
The ideal candidate will be established in the industry and be a proven self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to build relationships.
Bass offers an attractive compensation plan plus a casual work environment.
Opportunities exist in the following locations: Plantation, FL – Orlando, FL – Gainesville, FL – St. Petersburg, FL – Mobile, AL – New Orleans, LA - Atlanta, GA – Charleston, SC – Portland, OR – Sacramento, CA – Los Angeles, CA – San Diego, CA – Long Island, NY – Jersey City, NJ – Manahawkin, NJ – Houston, TX – Las Vegas, NV – Chesapeake, VA
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Within delegated authority levels and company guidelines, accepts, rejects or modifies new and renewal business for all commercial lines to ensure a profitable commercial book of business.
- Rates business according to company underwriting and pricing guidelines within individual underwriting authority limits, and ensures standards for timeliness are met.
- Markets company products through agent contacts to achieve company growth and profitability targets.
- Develops on-going relationships with agents, monitor profitability and quality of submissions, and keeps agent up-to-date with underwriting and/or product changes.
- Handles and manages the book of business to maximize profitability and growth. Reviews loss activity (frequency, severity). Considers mix of business, loss ratios by line of business, fit of business with company guidelines.
- Examines documents such as application forms, inspection reports, insurance maps and past claims to determine degree of risk from such factors as applicant financial standing, business operations, loss experience, and value and condition of property, inventory, and equipment.
- Determines whether to accept, modify, or decline risks.
- Establishes types and limits of coverage to be provided
**EXPERIENCE in Commercial E&S LINES AND A STRONG SALES BACKGROUND PREFERRED**
- Bachelors Degree (B.A.)
- Completion of professional designation (AINS, AU, CPCU, ARM, etc.)
- Previous rating and computer experience helpful
- Leadership: ability to lead others and get results through others
- Problem analysis, resolution with the ability to multi-task
- Strong customer orientation, excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player with a commitment to company values