Commercial Loan Coordinator
If you like to work with people in a family atmosphere, enjoy great benefits and provide unequaled personal service to every customer, consider a career with Bell Bank.
Founded in 1966, Bell Bank is the largest independently owned bank in Minnesota, North Dakota and South Dakota, with 20 full-service banking locations and more than $4 billion in assets. Originally founded by early Minneapolis civic leader David C. Bell in 1880, our mortgage division now has thousands of family mortgages to its name and offices throughout the Twin Cities and in Phoenix. Our bottom line, Happy Employees, Happy Customers!
For the fourth year in a row, Bell Bank has been named to American Banker Magazine’s list of the nation’s Best Banks to Work For. Star Tribune Media Co. also named Bell to its Top Workplaces list in 2015, 2016, and 2017. Bell was also recognized with a special ethics award. Bell prioritizes giving back, and for the fifth year in a row, Minnesota Business magazine has recognized Bell for making a positive impact on Minnesota communities.
If you want to work for a strong, growing, forward-looking organization with world-class employees, this is the place for you.
As stewards, dedicated to the growth and reputation of this independently owned organization, we are committed to:
- Promoting and sustaining our family atmosphere.
- Providing unequaled personal service to each and every customer.
- “Paying it forward” by giving back to the communities we serve.
Our Bottom Line:
Happy Employees! Happy Customers!
This position works in partnership with commercial loan officers and credit analysts to coordinate loan information and documentation for customers. This position gathers information/documentation, researches and problem-solves to complete loan requests and closings of both simple and complex commercial/agricultural loans.
- Process a high volume of both simple and complex loans for Commercial/Ag Loan Officers.
- Work with customers, loan officer and the necessary external resources such as attorneys, realtors, appraisers and accountants to prepare loan package.
- Obtain necessary information needed to process loan and modification requests and order loan documents.
- Order loan documents in accordance with loan approval conditions by completing loan worksheets accurately and thoroughly and within the guidelines of the Loan Documentation Service Level Agreement
- Review loan documentation and file information to ensure accuracy and adherence to Bell Bank loan policy and other relevant policies and procedures prior to loan closing.
- Provide appropriate and complete documentation and disclosures at the time of closing.
Establishing, Monitoring and Maintaining Loan Portfolio
- Set up customer records on core system for all new relationships.
- Forward billings for third party services to Loan Operations in a timely manner
- Set up, maintain and delete ticklers as required on core system for all financial requirements.
- Assist with the ongoing maintenance and monitoring of loan files for complete and accurate documentation.
- Process construction draws and monitor construction progress
- Provide outstanding customer service while assisting customers and loan officers throughout the loan request and closing process.
- Work with the appropriate department to research and resolve questionable matters for clients.
- Serve as back up for the other Commercial Loan Coordinator positions.
Job Skills Required:
- Loan documentation and/or loan coordinator experience in a banking environment preferred.
- Established knowledge and a thorough understanding of loan policy.
- Excellent analytical, decision-making and effective problem resolution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and multi-task in a high-volume work flow with multiple priorities, interruptions and possible short-term deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible in a dynamic and challenging environment characterized by sometimes changing priorities and react to those changes productively.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work well in a collaborative, cohesive and cooperative team environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Bell Bank provides competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.