|Title||Commercial Loan Officer II|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Description||ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES|
1. Interviews commercial loan applicants. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
2. Examines and evaluates applicant’s credit and financial history. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
3. Examines/Views collateral (if applicable) to determine adequacy. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
4. Authorizes or recommends approval/denial of applicant. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
5. Approves loan within specified limits or refers to appropriate approval level. This duty is performed daily, about 5% of the time.
6. Prepares loan offering memorandum. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
7. Ensures all loan documents are complete, accurate and in accordance with policy. This duty is performed daily, about 5% of the time.
8. Closes/Declines loans in a timely manner. This duty is performed daily, about 5% of the time.
9. Monitors loan portfolio/performance. This duty is performed daily, about 5% of the time.
10. Corresponds with customers. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
11. Recommends changes in risk rating. This duty is performed daily, about 5% of the time.
12. Collects past due loan payments. This duty is performed weekly, about 5% of the time.
13. Develops potential loan markets and loan prospects. This duty is performed daily, about 5% of the time.
14. Completes required BSA/AML training and other compliance training as assigned. This duty is performed annually, about 5% of the time.
15. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
|Requirements||EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE|
Broad knowledge of such fields as accounting, marketing, business administration, finance, etc. Equivalent to a four year college degree, plus 5 years related experience and/or training, and 4 years related management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and policy/procedure manuals; Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane, algebra, solid geometry and trigonometry.
CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of known variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram formats.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PREFERRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED
Intermediate: Spreadsheet, Word Processing/Typing
RESPONSIBILITY FOR WORK OF OTHERS
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include but not limited to interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Supervises a small group (1-3) of employees in the same or lower classification. Assigns and checks work; assists and instructs as required, but performs same work as those supervised, or closely related work, most of the time. Content of the work supervised is of a non-technical nature and does not vary in complexity to any great degree.
Somewhat disagreeable working conditions. Continuously exposed to one or two elements such as noise, intermittent standing, walking; and occasional pushing, carrying, or lifting.
The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
Moderate diversity, low physical. Work activities which allow for a moderate amount of diversity in the performance of tasks which are not as varied as those positions with high-level diversity and decision-making.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk or hear; frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and occasionally required to stand, walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
College degree in general business, finance, economics or accounting.
Five (5) years lending experience.
Five (5) years experience with banking, investment, or economic analysis.
Two (2) years experience using Microsoft Word and Excel.
Must have general computer skills.
The ability to communicate using oral and written skills.
The position may require the use of a vehicle to service customers, administer or participate in civic events, commute to company-owned properties, commute to company-related places of business, or any other purpose considered necessary to the job. Therefore, this position is classified as a safety sensitive position.