|Title||Commercial Loan Officer, Sr|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Description||GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION|
Responsible for extending credit within the policies and guidelines set forth in the loan policy. Responsible for ensuring that all loan decisions, actions and recommendations are based on an accurate and thorough understanding of each customer's financial needs and conditions and comply with all laws, regulations and bank policy. Must properly administer the credit worthiness and documentation of all loans and/or borrowing relationships originated or assigned to the officer. Further, it is the officer's responsibility to maintain current credit files and proper note and collateral security documents. In addition, each officer shall be responsible for:
A. Assigning the proper credit rating to loans as defined in this policy at origination and as conditions may change with the normal credit monitoring process. It is expected that officers should be the first to recognize and report deterioration in the credit quality of a loan or borrowing relationship. Early identification of problem loans is extremely important to minimizing losses.
B. Recommending approval and administer workout programs for problem loans.
C. Recommending approval and monitor levels of reserves established for loans serviced by the officer.
D. Administering the collection process either internally or with bank counsel complying with all laws and regulations.
E. Protecting depositors' funds and stockholders' equity.
F. Generating earnings for the bank and its stockholders.
G. Promoting and maintain a favorable image for the bank.
H. Interviewing loan applicants and makes credit decisions.
I. Responsible for developing new business and managing existing portfolio.
J. Responsible for collecting past due loans, keeping credit and collateral exceptions within policy ranges.
K. Manages a portfolio of loans and may coordinate collection efforts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Completes required BSA/AML training and other compliance training as assigned. This duty is performed annually.
2. Interviews commercial loan applicants. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
3. Examines and evaluates applicants credit and financial history. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
4. Examines/Views collateral (if applicable) to determine adequacy. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
5. Authorizes or recommends approval/denial of applicant. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
6. Approves loan within specified limits or refers to appropriate approval level. This duty is performed daily, about 5% of the time.
7. Prepares loan offering memorandum. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
8. Ensures all loan documents are complete, accurate and in accordance with policy. This duty is performed daily, about 5% of the time.
9. Closes/Declines loans in a timely manner. This duty is performed daily, about 5% of the time.
10. Monitors loan portfolio/performance. This duty is performed daily, about 5% of the time.
11. Corresponds with customers. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
12. Recommends changes in risk rating. This duty is performed daily, about 5% of the time.
13. Collects past due loan payments. This duty is performed weekly, about 5% of the time.
14. Develops potential loan markets and loan prospects. This duty is performed daily, about 5% of the time.
15. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
|Requirements||EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE|
Broad knowledge of such fields as accounting, marketing, business administration, finance, etc. Equivalent to a four year college degree, plus 7 years related experience and/or training, and 6 years related management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and understand common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents; Ability to respond to complex or difficult inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of known variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram formats.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PREFERRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED
RESPONSIBILITY FOR WORK OF OTHERS
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include but not limited to interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Supervises a small group (3-7) of employees, usually of lower classifications. Assigns and checks work; assists and instructs as required and performs same work as those supervised, or closely related work, a portion of the time. Content of the work supervised is of non-technical nature, but presents numerous situations to which policies and precedents must be interpreted and applied.
Somewhat disagreeable working conditions. Continuously exposed to one or two elements such as noise, intermittent standing, walking; and occasional pushing, carrying, or lifting.
The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
Moderate diversity, low physical. Work activities which allow for a moderate amount of diversity in the performance of tasks which are not as varied as those positions with high-level diversity and decision-making.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.