The Commercial Marketplace Business Analyst is experienced in P&C insurance business processes, workflow, and systems, as well as standard Small Commercial (BOP, Auto, Work Comp, Umbrella) and / or Professional Lines products. This person will also have a solid set of experience working with Underwriting, Operations, Product Development, and I/T to define and implement technology solutions.
The Commercial Marketplace Business Analyst will provide analysis support for the implementation of system and process changes for new and existing functionality on Commercial Marketplace platform, including those supporting our external capabilities, internal workflow / operational support, and product implementations. This person will collaborate with and coordinate with business teams (Product Development, Operations, Compliance, Actuarial, Marketing, etc.) as well as other IT vendor partners and internal IT system implementation teams.
· Understand the overall business vision for Commercial Marketplace Small Commercial Insurance and work with cross-functional business teams to elicit and define business requirements for Small Commercial Insurance systems and processes.
· Manage the Business Requirements process and lead product and system requirements sessions.
· Develop and communicate business requirements documentation.
· Act as a coordination point / liaison for business functions and IT and Consulting system implementation partners for all requirements.
· Review work requests and determine impact of product and system changes to existing workflows.
· Support the Development and Production Support teams for Incidents and Monthly releases
· Anticipate, negotiate, and resolve business design issues before they impact project success.
This position is primarily located in Whitehouse Station, NJ.
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
· Bachelor's in Computer Science, Information Systems, or another related field is preferred
· Experience with creating User Cases & User Stories
· Experience with package product like Duckcreek and Insurity Policy Decisions is preferred
· Broad business knowledge of P&C and Specialty, Product Development and Implementation, Operations and Claims, Marketing and Communications, Analytics, and IT. In depth knowledge of P&C or Specialty Products, Product Development, Operations, Online Systems, Automated Workflow, UW Rule Definition, or Small Commercial Insurance Systems and Processes is a plus.
· Experience in Business Solution Architecture; demonstrated consulting / design experience in complex technology solutions and technology enabled processes.
· Demonstrates higher level analytical skills; can independently identify and propose alternative solutions.
· Has a very good understanding of the business process and product for their area. Knows where the gaps are in the system support of this process/product. Proactively works with our cross-functional team to suggest solutions that will improve this process/product.
· Experience in a large technology solution implementation – demonstrated experience in requirements management and program / project management processes and artifacts.
· Strong communication and presentation skills; ability to interact effectively with the senior leadership team in Small Commercial.
· Results and solution-oriented; can work in an extremely fast-paced environment; strong ability to manage and deliver on multiple concurrent initiatives; decisional.
· Excellent written/verbal/presentation skills; ability to effectively communicate across all levels is required.
· Strong ability to identify, understand and communicate business needs and complex technical concepts in simple, concise and crisp manner to technical and non-technical audiences.
· Other competencies include:
o Models company values; demonstrates high integrity; meets commitments;
o Demonstrates sense of urgency and accountability; sets priorities and acts on key issues;
o Demonstrates bias to be proactive rather than reactive;
o Team player mentality; prioritize organizationalperformance