Assignments include such duties as receiving and responding to customer inquiries via phone and email, being the dedicated recipient of the phone tree 'Materials and Pricing' calls and managing the Tiered Pricing maintenance across the company. A key part of this position is to understand when an opportunity exists to convert a material or pricing inquiry into a new ongoing account.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer phones and reply to email while providing excellent customer service
- Know what materials we purchase as well as what items we cannot by state laws and council suppliers as to such
- Understanding of transportation equipment it will take to facilitate the purchase of materials
- Maintain a clean and enjoyable working environment and positive attitude
- Coordinating office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance with company policies
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Demonstrated professional verbal and written communication skills
- 2 years customer support or service experience
- Proficient in data entry, reporting and analysis
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to diffuse complaints and provide solutions to customers
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Physical Demands:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to remain in a stationary position extended periods of time and be able to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Operate a computer and other office productivity machineries, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer and must have the ability to use hands to handle, control or feel objects or controls and reach with hands and arms.
- Constantly communicate and exchange information with team members and must be able to effectively communicate correct information with suppliers and customers.
- Read/comprehend, write, communicate orally, reasoning and analytical abilities, and mental flexibility.
- Occasionally climb stairs, bend, squat, kneel, crouch, and reach above the shoulder to access materials and/or documentation.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus to compare and distinguish accounting and administrative data.
- Hearing ability to perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking level with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make discriminations in sound.
- Work Environment:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly working in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Position may involve extended work hours.
- The noise level in the work space is usually moderate.
- A potential exists that this position will be required to be in a scrap yard or suppliers' facility where scrap can be found. We require the use of personal protective equipment (hard hat, steel toed boots, impact resistant glasses, gloves, etc.) always when in these environments.