Founded in 1996, Audio Visual Design Group (AVDG) is a leading design-build firm specializing in audio visual systems for commercial and residential spaces worldwide. AVDG has a world-class technical staff considered to be among the best in the industry. This high level of technical ability makes us uniquely qualified to deliver sophisticated systems that are elegant, yet simple to use.
AVDG joined the Guitar Center enterprise in late 2017. Guitar Center embodies the world of creativity and music by encouraging our teammates to find their own individual sound. We strive to create lifelong musicians and make a difference in the world by enabling musicians and non-musicians alike to experience the almost indescribable happiness that comes from playing an instrument. We believe in putting our customers first, engaging with respect and integrity and fulfilling our mission with passion. If you love music and want to be a key player in an organization whose purpose is to fill the world with more music and to develop generations of new musicians then we have a position where you can find your sound.
About Guitar Center
Guitar Center embodies the world of creativity and music by encouraging our teammates to find their own individual sound. We strive to craft lifelong musicians and make a difference in the world by enabling musicians and non-musicians alike to experience the almost indescribable happiness that comes from playing an instrument. We believe in putting our customers first, engaging with respect and integrity and fulfilling our mission with passion.
Why join us?
With a career at Guitar Center, you become part of the world's largest multichannel musical instrument retailer. Whether at our Stores, Contact Centers, Distribution Centers, or Support Center, Guitar Center employees have a common goal: to help people find their sound and fill the world with more music.
Love this gig and want to apply?
Send your resume and cover letter today along with salary expectations!
Guitar Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐ related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by calling 1‐818-735-8800 ext. 2862 or by sending an email to email@example.com.
AVDG is looking for a stellar Commercial Project Manager whose main responsibility will be to plan, direct, and coordinate activities of integrated audio-visual system projects to ensure that objectives of the project are achieved on time within budget and manages communication between design team, installation labor and other construction trades by performing the following duties:
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
* Responsible for managing Audio Visual commercial integration and installation projects such as video conferencing systems for fortune 100 customers
* Reviews project proposal or plan to determine period, funding limitations, and procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project
* Conducts pre-installation site-surveys and help strategize equipment placement and cable-pull considerations.
* Manages day-to-day operations of all assigned projects
* Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of project, Communicate with management about requirements for staffing and installation equipment
* Confers with project staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority. Effectively interact with various private and unionized construction trades
* Tracks, manages and communicates project schedule to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget, installation labor and resources
* Ensures projects adhere to company standards for installation and wiring of equipment
* Provides daily updates of project progress and issues affecting the project
* Prepares project reports for management, client, or others
* Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems
To join our band you'll need the following experience:
* Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school, or at least two years of experience in equivalent combination of education and experience
* Minimum 2 years AV integration industry experience supervising installers including training of new and temporary labor, assigning, and directing work, managing performance and addressing complaints and resolving problems
* Planning and organizing daily installation schedules and duties for assigned projects
* Troubleshooting and instructing of proper physical placement and wiring of devices
* Effective at building teams and creating strong morale in the field
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled