As a Commercial Project Manager you will prepare material and labor cost, direct margin expectations and confirm specifications and work scope, along with manage commercial and multifamily projects. This includes working directly with architects, owners and general contractors to offer value engineering options and challenging design and product specifications to mitigate potential risks to all parties.
Project management includes procurement, working with general contractor and other trades for appropriate sequencing of our scope; perform site visits, prepare schedule of values for revenue recognition, monthly requisitions for invoicing and production milestones to meet project budget objectives.
• Responsible for working closely with sales team, designing the configuration of the product(s) and generating an estimate for the work to be performed.
• Responsible for creating CAD drawings of the proposed design.
• Verifies that estimate contains the correct products and quantities.
• Recommend changes to the design and incorporate any changes requested by the customer.
• Reviews the estimate with the sales team to ensure that data is accurate, that all components of the design are captured and properly charged.
• Modifies the estimate per customer or sales manager requests.
• Provides estimates on change orders for current projects.
• Responds to customer and sales team questions concerning details on the estimate and/or design.
• Any other duty, task or responsibility as assigned
• Minimum experience: 3+ years of relevant construction industry experience.
• Prefer prior quote and estimate creation experience.
• May need to work overtime and weekends as required.
• Clear Post Offer Drug Screen.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Strong attention to detail, demonstrated integrity and professionalism.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to perform complex calculations, capable of performing "what if" analyses.
• Capable of calculating square footage and detailed measurements.
• Ability to reconfigure measurements in order to change designs.
• Able to quickly create and modify take-offs or large projects.
• Proficient in Office Software like word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software.
• Proficient using CAD (computer aided drawing) software to configure the design of rooms.
• Capable of compiling professional sales estimates.
• Knowledgeable of ERP applications (preferably Oracle).
• Competitive Pay.
• Paid Holiday and Paid Time Off.
•Medical, Dental and Vision.
• 401K Matching.
• Life & Disability Insurance.
• Referral & Bonus Programs.
• Employee Purchase and Assistance Plans.
• Tuition Reimbursement.
TopBuild Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. EOE Protected Veterans/Disability. TopBuild Corp. (NYSE: BLD) is the leading installer and distributor of insulation and building material services nationwide. With over 220+ TruTeam and 75+ Service Partners locations across the United States, thereare a variety of career opportunities awaitingyou!