Commercial Real Estate Analytics and Portfolio Analyst
Reporting to the Commercial Real Estate Credit Leader within the Commercial Real Estate team, you will play a critical role in reporting department analytics and portfolio reviews for the real estate team and senior management. You will also help drive team-wide projects and best-in-class processes to ensure a asolid platform for continued portfolio growth and operational efficiency. You are a team-player and self-starter who can independently identify and drive process improvement and impact.
In addition, you will be able to balance protecting Genworth’s interests with Commercial Real Estate loan origination efforts, while maintaining quality relationships with our stakeholders, including mortgage bankers and other members of the Genworth Investments team. This is an exciting opportunity to learn and make an impact on an established and successful team positioned for growth!
- Analyze portfolio data, create and produce reports, perform financial analysis and prepare memos for senior management
- Assist the Commercial Real Estate Credit Leader and Genworth Commercial Real Estate team with portfolio and risk based analysis and reporting
- Conduct data analysis as needed to complete assignments and ad-hoc data requests
- Partner with Other Investments and Business teams to understand data needs and provide accurate and timely reporting related to the Commercial Real Estate portfolio
- Act as point person responsible for running the annual portfolio review process
- Assume responsibility for certain key portfolio reporting and loan analyses as well as spearhead special projects and proactively seek out additional projects and initiatives as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or Real Estate
- 2 years of experience in financial services or investments preferably within a life insurance company, banking or portfolio lending environment
- Experience with commercial real estate loan asset management, credit/underwriting, or servicing
- Experience in creating and monitoring portfolio analytics
- Solid financial analysis background, necessary to interpret and monitor portfolio performance
- Must be highly organized and able to multi-task with limited supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to present effectively
- Advanced proficiency in Word, Power Point and Excel (including VBA, Macros, Pivot Tables, etc.)
- Masters or other advanced degree
- We have a real impact on the lives of the people we serve
- We work on challenging and rewarding projects
- We give back to the communities where we live
- We offer competitive benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account options beginning your first day
- 20 days of Choice Time Off your first full year
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 40 hours of volunteer time off
- 401K Account with matching contributions
- Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment
- Paid Family Leave
- Child Care Subsidy Program
Genworth Financial, Inc. is a leading insurance holding company committed to helping families achieve the dream of home ownership and address the financial challenges of aging through its leadership positions in mortgage insurance and long term care insurance. Headquartered in Richmond, Virginia, Genworth traces its roots back to 1871.
Led by our Chief Investment Officer, the Investment Department manages a consolidated investment portfolio of nearly $75 billion and consists of investment professionals focused on portfolio management, risk management, asset management, derivatives, operations, finance and accounting functions.
We know we can’t deliver on our mission unless we deliver for our employees. That’s why we’re committed to creating a work environment that fosters inclusion, camaraderie, rewarding work, community involvement, and a focus on our employees’ well-being. We know each employee contributes in their own unique way and we’re dedicated to supporting every one of them to help them reach their full potential.