The position of Commercial Real Estate Underwriter is responsible for underwriting and coordinating the closing of difficult commercial real estate loans in compliance with the Bank’s lending policies and procedures. The Commercial Real Estate Underwriter will perform work for senior underwriters, CRE lenders and other Executive Management as needed and perform special financial statement analysis, typically involving complex and interlocking relationships. The incumbent will also render assistance to lending officers on credit matters and loans involving unusual situations or requiring close scrutiny as well as prepare a variety of department reports assigned by the Real Estate Manager.
- Performs special financial statement analysis, typically involving complex and interlocking relationships.
- Managing and maintaining financial background information on present and prospective customers
- Rendering assistance to lending officers on credit matters and loans involving unusual situations or requiring close scrutiny.
- Understanding/analyzing spreads
- Obtain data to perform portfolio concentration analysis and assist in the preparation on the monthly allowance for loan and lease loss (ALLL).
- Assist in the preparation of any reports required from Credit Administration.
- May train selected personnel in credit operations and financial statement analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) from a four (4) year college or university, and minimum of four (4) years or more related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Work related experience should consist of an in-depth background in financial statement analysis.
- Educational experience, through in-house training sessions, formal school or financial industry related curriculum, should be applicable to the financial industry.
- Intermediate to advanced ability to understand large, complex financial statements and tax returns and complete cash flow forecasting.
- Intermediate to advanced ability to make pertinent comments relating to the current credit risk as reflected by the spread.
- Ability to train new hires, both analysts and loan trainees.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills including desktop applications
- Intermediate supervisory skills to handle appropriate staff.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrate strong analytical and project management skills for a variety of tasks or projects.
- Ability to deal with difficult problems involving multiple facets, variables in non-standardized situations.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work with minimal or no supervision while performing duties.