Support the efforts of the Regional Commercial Director and their teams in building strength of clinical knowledge, and technical expertise across all field sales channels while creating Zimmer Biomet brand recognition in the orthopedic market.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Regional Commercial Director and sales team in achieving territory quotas and growth and revenue goals over previous year’s metrics.
- Coordinate meetings with key opinion leaders, target surgeon and hospital customers to educate on product knowledge and clinical expertise.
- Develop close, productive relationships with key personnel in assigned area such as Surgeons, Fellows, Residents, PA’s, OR Personnel, OR Education Coordinators and Materials Managers to increase Zimmer Biomet brand awareness.
- Closely work with an assigned team of Distributors, Full Line Sales, Direct Sales Representatives to increase the use of Zimmer Biomet products and by coordinating and participating in local training and workshops.
- Attend relevant industry scientific and academic meetings (national, regional and local gatherings).
- Meet and or exceed quota and growth targets for assigned key product lines (Focus Products and New Product Introductions).
- Create, support and drive initiatives that ensure product profitability and repeatable revenue.
- Closely manage new hospital conversions by key first case attendance and in-services.
- Support all hospital staff and Zimmer Biomet personnel to ensure a smooth conversion transition .
- Support customer conversion process by bringing together sales, marketing and any other relevant resources in order to achieve forecasted goals.
Expected Areas of Competence
- Brand Awareness and Relationship Building
- Support the efforts of the Regional Commercial Director in creating overall value and success at Zimmer Biomet
- Function as a strategic resource in executing individual business plans.
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Customer retention skills
- Ability to become subject matter expert on product bag Strong coaching and mentoring skills.
- Ability to teach the clinical aspect of the sales cycle (targeting, presentation, in-servicing, scheduling, case completion and follow-up)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including reporting and presentation skills
- Cross functional team leadership skills
- 3-5 years of sales experience
- Four year college degree from an accredited institution
- Documented record of achievement in a sales representative position
- Significant, demonstrable market intelligence, product knowledge and clinical expertise
- Excellent communication, presentation and demonstration skills
- PC/Windows/Office proficiency
- Up to 80%.
- Position requires outside travel to customers’ locations within a geographic area
- Position requires intermittent weekend travel.
Ideal candidate will be based in the Central or Eastern Region.