BLUEFIN, LLC is a fun, fast-paced, and growing company that provides facility management consulting services specializing in roofing, pavement, and building envelope management. Our clients know us as problem solvers who improve facility management by delivering tailored solutions based upon their goals, challenges, and values.
GENERAL PURPOSE: Design Consultant - Commercial Roofing/Building Envelope
To ensure BLUEFIN is the client’s consultant-of-choice, that we have a thorough understanding of the client’s consulting needs, and that we are seen as the best advocate for accomplishing their goals. To serve as the primary day-to-day manager for contract/project performance on one or more BLUEFIN, LLC projects. Responsible for high quality/high performance project delivery which meets or exceeds the requirements of the contract agreement between BLUEFIN and the client in a professional, safe, and financially viable manner. Meets all professional and legal requirements for performing the work assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: Design Consultant - Commercial Roofing/Building Envelope
- Conduct comprehensive building envelope assessments to ascertain quality of existing conditions and provide solutions to roofing and building envelope applications based on Owner requirements
- Prepare bid documents, technical specifications, drawings and specific construction details
- Perform moisture surveys, roof drainage analysis, manufacturer’s warranty audits, pre-design surveys and prepare reports and manage wind uplift testing and evaluation studies
- Prepare cost estimates for repair, restoration, maintenance and roof replacement for both individual buildings and multi building portfolios
- Understand CSI Specifications and put a full package together
- Participate in pre-bid meetings, pre-construction meetings, project meetings, and client interfacing activities
- Manage multiple projects at various phases and in various locations, from project identification through design, planning, client approval, and financial closeout
- Detailed management of project budget, analyzes project profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and utilization
- Build client relationships, including but not limited to, client project management team, client security, client technology teams
- Adhere to BLUEFIN safety standards at all times
- Ensure BLUEFIN, OSHA, and Client safety requirements and protocols are being met
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS - Design Consultant - Commercial Roofing/Building Envelope
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 10 Years Roof Estimating or related experience
- Commercial construction experience
Preferred but not required:
- Registered Roof Observer (RRO)
- BS in Engineering, Construction
- AutoCAD, SpecLink experience
- Historic restoration experience
- Registered Roof Observer/Consultant status and/or LEED accreditation
- Registration as a professional engineer or architect
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Thorough knowledge of procedures involved with multiple phases of construction
- Proven experience as a roof estimator or project manager
- Good computer skills (MS Office: Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Proficiency in English
- Well organized and responsible with an aptitude in problem-solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player with high level of dedication
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES - Design Consultant - Commercial Roofing/Building Envelope
- Travel – 50% in office, 50% outside office (10% roof inspections, client meetings, project requirements)
- Work is performed in a non-smoking office setting with exposure to CRTs and UV rays
- Work may be performed with exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions caused by the weather
- Usual office environment with long periods of sitting, walking, standing, stooping
- Ability to travel as needed (via vehicle, airplane, etc.)
- Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as email and telephone
- Lifting up to 30 pounds.
- Working extended hours may be required.
What sets us apart as a place to grow, contribute, and enjoy professional satisfaction?
- The opportunity to learn cutting-edge technology skills. Our employees are using patented, cutting-edge assessment and information management tools to provide strategic planning and program management to large multi-facility building owners.
- High-profile clients who appreciate what we do. We serve a variety of clients in government, education, industrial, food processing, transportation, financial, retail, and hospitality sectors. Our typical customer has over 2 million square feet of roofs under management, with many being significantly larger.
- Cooperative teams that emphasize mutual respect and safety. We are very committed to and protective of this environment.
- Professional development opportunities. We believe in fostering personal and professional growth.
- A friendly and enjoyable working environment. We get along extremely well with one another and with our clients.
- Hard-working colleagues. We’re passionate about solving problems and delivering value to our clients.
- Attractive compensation packages - with exceptional employee benefits.
*Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the position.
*This position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to the position's duties and responsibilities. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify a candidate.
BLUEFIN, LLC is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.