Performance Contracting Group is a national employee-owned specialty contractor that offers quality services and products to the commercial, industrial and non-residential construction markets. We are committed to recruiting, developing and advancing employees from a diversity of backgrounds and experiences, as well as supporting a culture of safety and inclusiveness that allows you to contribute to your fullest potential. We place high value on training and professional development, encouraging you to broaden and strengthen your unique skill sets so you can fully realize your potential.
PCI is seeking an experienced Commercial Scaffold Estimator for its Houston ISS operations based in the Greater Houston area. This individual will be responsible for generating business leads, ensuring projects are estimated timely, and closing on profitable deals. Other responsibilities include:
- Performing quantitative takeoffs on construction projects
- Establish labor productivities for estimate
- Understand the market conditions including competitive approach, backlog, level or risk for work and other factors for establishing margin percentages.
- Be involved in the internal bid reviews with supervisors and project team.
- Participate in the customer alignment objectives of the branch by creating and maintaining positive customer relations.
- Contract administration for secured projects.
- Assist in the hand-off of secured projects to the Operations Team.
- Assist in other duties as assigned such as change order management or billings depending on the project(s).
- At least 2 years professional work experience with planning and estimating scaffolding, preferably in the Houston market
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Construction Science or related field, or comprable work experience.
- Must possess advanced proficiency with estimating techniques.
- Sharp understanding of bidding process.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- A clear understanding of how to read and understand specifications and drawings
- Oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in team environment
- Ability to learn new job skills by engaging in the technical aspects of the job and applying new skills as they are taught
- Superb customer service skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to build strong relationships with customers
- Positive attitude and entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience with erection and dismantle of scaffold preferred
- Local to Greater Houston area
At Performance Contracting our employees are our greatest asset. We put our people first and are proud to provide a comprehensive benefits package designed to meet the needs of our employees at every stage of life.
In our commitment to fostering an environment where everyone can thrive personally and professionally, we offer:
- Competitive pay
- Incentive bonus plan
- Employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with match
- Medical, prescription drug, dental and vision insurance plans with flexible spending account option
- Life insurance, accidental death and disability benefits
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Flexible paid time off policy and paid holidays
Performance Contracting Group, (PCG) its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies provides equal employment [and affirmative action] opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. PCG is a background screening, drug-free workplace.