The Cox Business Commercial Security Consultant promotes and sells Detection and Surveillance Security Solutions. Target customers include small and medium sized businesses across most verticals. Refers leads to other members of outside sales team, as appropriate. Business Security Consultants work independently in the field 70% of the week calling on and meeting with new or potential customers. The role is part of a goal-driven, sales organization with a core focus on growing revenue quickly.
With more than 300,000 clients and one of the largest IP networks in the country, Cox Business provides state-of-the-art services with personalized attention. Cox Business Security offers detection and surveillance packages with round-the-clock monitoring from our UL-certified, 5-Diamond facility and systems backed by our reliable network and award-winning customer service. We are continually increasing our investment in the latest security technology and need driven and passionate sales reps to grow our team.
•Sell our Detection and Surveillance Security Products and Services to new and existing commercial business customers based on assigned revenue targets.
•Understands security needs of business customers to determine appropriate solution.
•Develops and maintains relationships with customers.
•Sells within the product pricing and campaign structure authorized.
•Work with support personnel to determine appropriate solutions where necessary.
•Serves as main point of contact with customer ensuring customer satisfaction through the entire sales cycle.
•Remains current on technical information regarding Cox's products and services as well as the competitive landscape.
•Maintains consultative sales and negotiation skills through ongoing training and development.
•Enters sales opportunities into sales database.
•Provides regular updates to direct supervisor, stakeholders, and others as needed, including requested reports.
•Delivers sales presentations to customers and prospects.
•Interacts with Sales Managers and Sales Director with regard to account forecasting.
•May respond to requests for Proposals and Requests for Information in a timely manner.
•May act as a liaison between customer and Cox departments as it pertains to the pre and post sales cycle.
•Works with Sales Director to manage the system's channel portfolio effectively.
• 1 or more years of experience required in related field
• 1 year successful business-to-business or business-to-customer sales experience with quotas and cold calling
• Valid driver’s license, good driving record, reliable transportation
• Requires 6 months’ experience using a computer in a work or non-work setting
• Excellent skill in adaptability, applied learning, assignment management, building relationships, written communication, customer service orientation, formal presentation skills, functional competence, high impact communication, continuous learning, negotiation, PC skills, reasoning, and sales skills, in order to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
• BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired
• 1 or more years’ sales experience with quotas and cold-calling
• 1 or more years’ business-to-business or business security sales experience
• Knowledge of local business market, local contacts. Creates and participates in opportunities to serve as a public representative and image builder of Cox in the local community in order to network and develop and maintain Cox’s presence; e.g., promotes and/or attends non-profit events, serves as a member of the Chamber of Commerce and/or other local councils.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.Organization:
Cox Communications, Inc.Primary Location:
US-FL-Gainesville-6020 NW 43rd StEmployee Status: