Company SummaryJoin our team! First American's National Production Services division provides global title and escrow production support across all channels within First American Title including the Mortgage Services, Commercial, Direct, and Agency divisions. As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. We believe that our people are the key to the company’s continued success, and we invest in diverse talents and backgrounds and empower our teams to achieve more than they could anywhere else. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for the fourth consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com
Search public records and examine titles to determine legal condition of primarily commercial or industrial property title. Copy or summarize recorded documents which affect the condition of title to the property. Works on assignments that are varied and complex requiring breadth and depth of experience with different types of properties. Acts as a resource to less experienced team members. Has increased knowledge of state requirements. Projects undertaken can be multi-million dollar commercial properties that may take days or even weeks to complete.
- Examines chain of title primarily for commercial/industrial properties but may expand into commercial and/or industrial
- Performs title examination of complex title orders requiring a high level of title expertise
- Abstracts and analyzes records, such as leases, subleases, acreage, liens, judgments, easements, vital statistics, and plot and map books. Determines ownership and legal restrictions and to verify legal description of property and completeness of records for examinations, including multi-site properties.
- Writes title products based on the interpretation and application of procedural guidelines
- Provides underwriting interpretation within established guidelines
- May have customer contact
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Strong detail / quality orientation
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Customer service orientation
- Strong MS skill set
- Knowledge of legal terms used in title documents
- Able to read and decipher legal descriptions relating to title orders
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Typical Range of Experience
- 2-5+ years directly related experience
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.